Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Forum Posts

I have set up a small ring of 15454's. When I am logged into the node (via CTC), I can recognize and speak to all nodes. When one of our other engineers logs into a different node on the same ring using a different username and password, they can o...

cnowland by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone please provide or direct me to a document or give some information on the CV-L, CV-S, ES-S, and ES-L performance monitor objects and how to correct them. I have already found documents that tell me what they are such as code violation lin...

sross35 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a CSS that if I iniate the ping from a remote host it works. If I iniate the ping from the CSS it does not work. Traceroute works both way. Telnet does not work. I dont have any access-lists. I put a sniffer on the CSS and I see the traffic co...

We are purchasing 3 ONS 15454 shortly. The main usage of the boxes will be to use Channelized OC12(SONET) transport delivery from TELCO, do the grooming of channels and connect to 6509s with CH. OC12 card.The layout will be like below.6 Telco CH. DS3...

smunzani by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

It's my 1st crack at configuring one of these so, what would be suggested for the following application?One pair of Cisco 15454’s -Fiber Type 2 Leaf Fibers Single mode - OC12 backbone with provisioning for: OC3, DS3, EtherNet 10/100 meg, GigE, DS1

daharris by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All -I'm having trouble with a Windows XP SP2 machine connecting to our 454. The java applet loads correctly but eventually "kicks" me out. I'm curious if there are any compatibility issues with XP browsers, etc. I've tried different JRE load...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In a previous thread a week ago I mentiond setting up a CWDM between a couple of switches(3550). I have received the CWDM modules (1530nm) and am awaiting the cables and VOA. I put in the gibs into the switches and they are recognized howere I am con...

bunker by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes