Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

When looking at the monitor jack of a 15216 OADM with an optical spectrum analyzer, I am seeing for lack of a better term, negatives spikes (like a relection) there are two of them. These are between the first wavelength, and the second wavelenght. T...

menzelbob by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI have a BLSR that is currently using mostly OC48 ELR 1557.36 cards. I am currently only using point to point fiber links, but may be adding DWDM in some parts. I am trying to find out if my cards are 100 or 200 Ghz spacing models. All of the...

webman by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Sir,try to use DWDM to extend IP network.is it possible using Catalyst 6500 DWDM GBIC to connect to Lucent Wavestar OLS 400G DWDM ?have any limitation or document for this event ?Please kindly help to suggest.thank you.Jason

jasonlin by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We will be changing the DCC on our 15454, 17 node, UPSR, OC-48 ring from SDCC to LDCC. Has anyone done this on a network that is turned up and can this cause any problems? Obviously we will lose communications with the nodes as we change them, but ...

The 15540 has two CPU in order to have a redundancy in case one fails.We would like to know if there is a way to configure the Primary/Secondary, e.g. having the Primary CPU alwyas in Slot 6 and the Secondary in Slot 7, after a Power On Reset.If the...

swilli by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If I'm running two aps groups on a 76xx. Say aps group 30 on one set of interfaces and aps group 20 on the other. Can I use 'aps working 1' and 'aps protect 1 x.x.x.x' with both groups or does the circuit number need to be different. It shows that it...