Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

I would like to be able to retrieve previous 15-minute counters via TL1 so that I don't have to log into CTC for every intermittent problem I have. The only document I can find is: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/optical/ps2006/products_comma...

melon_2 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

May 21 09:46:05: %SRP-4-ALARM: SRP2/0 Side A Failure: Layer 1(SF) May 21 09:46:05: %SRP-4-WRAP_STATE_CHANGE: SRP2/0 wrapped on side B (side A Self Detect Signal Fail) May 21 09:46:05: %SRP-4-ALARM: SRP2/0 Side A Failure: MAC Keepalive(SF) May 21 09:4...

We have 2 3640 on hsrp statement through Catalyst 2950 and Allied switch.Every day at same time , one of those continues to change standby group from STANDBY to SPEAK without any HSRP change on other router.I haven't found any BUG for this problem.So...

l.motta by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Recently I was asked to start learning about "how to light a dark-fiber"I'm a bit nw in the area but I have some basic knowledge.Our dark fibers willl exced 100 km which is complicating a bit the whole thing (as far as I know it exceed the rea...

crysm by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes