Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

Hi,we have 2 fibers between 2 DCs and we want to use DWDM to have:- 4x10G IP Links- 4x8G FC links I am new in Optical networking and I would like to know what I need to achieve this setup. The devices that will have a link between Data Centers are Ne...

Hi Community,I need to confirm something.With the WS-X45-Sup6-E supervisor engine, is it possible to use one of the uplink ports with the X2 optics for 10G speeds and the other port with a Cisco Twin Gigabit Converter Module so as to have 2 1Gb ports...

Customer would like to receive extra information (and step-by-step) regarding calculations of Optical Power for TX / RX according the information delivered at the beginning: - SFP model: GLC-SX-MM- Fiber: 62.5 micron OM1- Aprox. 500ft distance- 6 con...

mmorapar by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Jul 21 18:52:36 UTC: %SFF8472-5-THRESHOLD_VIOLATION: Gi1/1/4: Rx power high warning; Operating value:  -5.5 dBm, Threshold value:  -9.0 dBm.Jul 21 19:02:36 UTC: %SFF8472-5-THRESHOLD_VIOLATION: Gi1/1/4: Rx power high warning; Operating value:  -5.5 dB...

Hello, could someone help if the module C3KX-SM already support the transceivers GLC-T.  There is a message that is should be supported later times:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3750-x-series-switches/white_paper_...

fnp by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes