Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

Heiwe have some switches that are connected with our nexus switches via SFP-10GLR. all switches are ok but only one is getting warnings in the logs saying: CET: %SFF8472-5-THRESHOLD_VIOLATION: Te1/1: Rx power high warning; Operating value:  -0.9 dBm,...

aitdrift1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to select the correct cable to connect to a Cisco Nexus 40G-FET (on a Nexus 6004). I've seen on Cisco's website that says the FET transceiver has 12 fibers in it. Yet when breaking this out to connect to four 10G FETs on a FEX (2232TM-E), ...

Hello. Does anyone know if the Cisco ONS 15400 Series supports IPV6? The account where i'm working wants to migrate to IPV6 and this is one of the devices that I coulnd't confirm if it has support or not. Many thanks and regards!

pgibran by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 100 Mbps Fiber Optic Broadband Internet Connection using RJ45.No Static IP or leased Line .  At present using Dlink normal Router. I plan to change Cisco Router. which model is full my requirement. what is ISR Router ( Integrated Services Rout...

Hi everyoneI have an ME 4624 RGGW ONT which i want to test and connect it directly with a ME3400 Cisco Switch.Is able the router to support this connection (p2p) or is only capable for p2m(GPON) .As i see in its documentation it doesnt mention anywhe...