Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

Hi,I have a problem with X2 transceivers from "CISCO-SUMITOMO".The WS-C3560E-12D-S Catalyst Switch generates the following syslog message due to the fact that it cannot read out the operating voltage value:%SFF8472-5-THRESHOLD_VIOLATION: Te0/8: Volta...

Hello. I'm choosing SFP for cisco 3750-X. In datasheet for GLC-BX-U(D) min transmit power is -9 dBm, min receive power is -19.5 dB. So max insertion loss in channal is about 10.5 dB. But in this datasheet it's just 5.5 dB for GLC-BX-D and 6 dB for GL...

Hello,We use 15454 MSPPs (r9.0) on our network.We're interested in buying ML-MR-10 cards because it provides switching capabilities and aggregation.We want to use these cards to connect to a third-party using POS.This third-party network only support...

Does anyone know how I would upgrade UPSR spans from OC48 to OC192 cards when the OC48 cards are not in the high speed slots. ie I need to move the OC48 cards first with out deleting and reinstalling every cct before I can use the Span Wizard upgrade...

rosejon12 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes