Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Hello,we have 4 different san fabrics with mds switches. In every fabric, we have installed a additional nexus 5596 with a san dcnm license. The mds switches has not a fabric manager license. We installed the dcnm for the san administration and we ca...

Question about NPV topologies. Is this supported?NPV--->NPV--->Core where the devices in the mix areUCS--->n5548--->N7KI know it is supported and works if the N5K is not in NPV mode but want to see if I can do with the N5K in NPV mode.Thanks

I am merging pur Dev switch with our Prod switch. Each have very similar zonesets in vsan2. They do have uniques zones but the zoneset name is the same.I want to make sure that my settings are correct so when I ISL the swithces that the zones from De...

wghussey1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We are configuring our MDS switches for new storage and there are a couple of options.  I am not sure which is the best way to go.We have 6 x 9124's.  Our new storage has plenty of ports.  Each of the 6 x 9124's will be connected to 2 ports on the...

sewlcomau by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello - I need some help with fine tuning FCIP between MDS switch to MDS switch.We have 2 x  cisco MDS 9222i ("4x1GE IPS, 18x1/2/4Gbps FC/Sup2") one at production other at DR.Both datacentres are connected with dedicated point-to-point with 10 Gbps f...

Hi,We have two new MDS 9148 switch for our DC. I have little knowlege about cisco MDS Swtiches. I am planning for 1+1 redundancy for this MDS switches.Connectivity :              ____________MDS SW01 __________Storage       Server ----|              ...

I am new to storage networking and have been tasked with updating the configurations of two Cisco MDS 9124s for FC connectivity to four new Cisco UCS blade servers.  Unfortunately, I have never worked on the MDS 9000 platforms and am unsure on how to...

I'm standing up an MDS 9124DS switch and am wanting to setup some alias's for the zones. Device Manager is running, but I dont really see where to create alia's for zones. the switch is not plugged into the fabric. I attempted to install FM and re...