Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Voice Vlan problem

Hello,I have a problem with a switch port, it can not identify voice vlan. Both mac addresses it receives on a interfaces considers to be on access vlan, so phone cant get mac address from the voice pool.Could anyone please help me on this issue? swi...

Nub65 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I just want to ask if there are security risk justification documents when you enable cdp on switches wherein IP phones are connected.Thank you. We just need to prove that if we enable cdp on switches there are no security risk on our network. Th...

zarjer by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two 4500-X VSS clusters connected using an MPLS VLL (layer 2 EPipe) with the same Domain id. It is very disruptive to change the Domain id and reload one of the VSS clusters. Is there a way that I can configure the Vlan being extended between ...

I have a couple of questions about qos and lan qos configuration:   1. I have a read in cisco text that configuring bandwidth command under class-map doesnot reserve bandwidth and bandwidth is available for other traffic if not in use. My question is...

soginy by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,I am trying to understand the DHCP Process and was ananylzing a packet capture. I have read that DHCP is Discover-Offer-Request-Ack process. I also read that DHCP offer & Ack are a Unicast and Discover and Request are Broadcasts. However in t...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card