Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! BGP Flapping

I changed the ip for security reasons. I logged onto a 1941 (222.222.222.223 we will call it) and ran show log - found this. Not sure what to do to fix it though. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Me Dec 1 20:15:35.668: %BGP-3-NOTIFICATION: sen...

bfeole001 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi    We have a Cisco 2821 and looking at the logs    043669: Jun 19 12:14:23.795 CEST: %ENVMON-4-FAN_LOW_RPM: Fan 2 service recommended043673: Jun 19 12:14:53.795 CEST: %ENVMON-4-FAN_LOW_RPM: Fan 2 service recommended043678: Jun 19 12:15:23.795 CEST...

Hello allwe have a problem when we want to used VLAN between a Switch HP and a Switch CISCO. The CISCO Switch cannot see the VLAN configuring on the HP Switch. It's problably an 8021Q incompatibility ?Have you an idea about the subject ?Thanks for yo...

jine by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have created an Employee portal for the employees to register their personal devices. My authorization condition depends on devices being in the EmployeeDevices endpoint group. For the most part this works fine, but some of them end up in the Profi...

ergamusai by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, Looking for a comparison between these two models of switches, in particular the SG550XG-24T vs SG350XG-24T. I would be planning on using these in a collapsed core design, running MSTP, and would like some form of first-hop redundancy. I can ...

Wayne_G by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! TACACS ? command

Hello, I have my switches configured for TACACS authentication/authorization. I notice that users can still run the command '?' to see a list of commands. However this is incorrect as all commands are actually authorized on the TACACS server. Firstly...

Hello, my situation is that  have switches with no enable password configured i.e. simply a username and password. If I enter the command 'aaa new-model' and do not have the command "aaa authorization exec default local if-authenticated" configured t...

Hello, I’m planning on replacing the primary ASA in HA and need to know the procedure when it comes to Firepower. Do I have to re-configure mgmt and re-add it to FMC since I will need to remove the SSD and installing it in the new one?  Here’s what I...

NETAD by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If I wanted to create VLANS  on the router instead of the core and use a layer 3 switch for a few VLANs, would I just do sub interfaces?    I normally would just do a core switch and push everything to the router to go out. We have BGP for our WAN an...

I have just installed a Xerox 8560 MFP printer and as I am running 6 different vlans I don't seem to be able to get the scan to PC function working.If a pc is on the same vlan as the scanner, it works no problem. If I try to scan to a pc on another v...

gmayers by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes