Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Can someone please explain this to me... I have never been so confused. Over the weekend, I replaced a plain old layer 2 Cisco 2960-S switch. I came in today to find many computer not working because they couldn't get an IP address via DHCP. The setu...

brettp by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,   Host A(10.10.10.10) is in inside network and it is behind the interface with nameif INSIDE. Host A wants to access the HOST B(20.20.20.20) which is behind the interface with nameif OUTSIDE. Can anyone help me how static route lookup will ...

vinothnil by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi  this is hamza shahid i need little help here which is about taking backup and restore config file of switches and routers. For example i telnet my switch or router and just go to that command which says just upload config file into switch from my...

So, first off, I am relatively new to Cisco setup. I have some basic knowledge, but not nearly what I should for what I am doing. I need some advice and some possible direction. I have scoured YouTube and other forums and I can't seem to find somethi...

BFriend84 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi. I'm trying to configure my home lab switch, but i'm not sure if it's right.  I have a NAC device with an IP of 192.168.0.10 (used as UN for the device's login), and I assigned that IP as VLAN 1 (192.168.0.10 /24).  Is this an issue? Should I set...

g3nz0d227 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am planing to do an upgrade from  03.06.07b.E to 03.06.08.E. We are running install mode. There are two commands , wich should I use ? I have two C3850 in my stack.   First: software install file flash-1:cat3k_caa-universalk9.SPA.03.06.08.E.152-2.E...

Hello,   We're running Cisco Nexus9000 C9372PX. System version: 7.0(3)I4(4) with VPC configration. Lately we noticed some data loss/flapping. Especially when you configured a port-channel.     Interface port-channel1522 description description switch...

from88 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Guys,   I have Cisco 4500 chassis switches, which is at default config and all the ports are in vlan1 (default) and Vlan 1 is configured with IP address.     The Trunk ports are SFP ports which is labelled Gigabitethernet1/3 and gigabitethernet...

ITexpert by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Are there any good detailed documents that describe the hardware and software capabilities of the Catalyst 6832 along with configuration?The following link is from the 6832-X-LE product page but focuses on QoS using RSVP exclusively.Cisco IOS 15.1SY ...

Hello, I am trying to configure a parser-vew which only allows a user to assign a vlan and shut/no shut one particular interface (Fa0/2) with no other commands possible. Can someone please help me with this. Thank you kindly for any help   So far I h...

Resolved! ACL Need Help

Hi everyone first time posting  I am studying ICND1  I got the part about ACL but I am facing a situation on the Netacad practice    it gave me an example of ACL statement with comparison Address and it says deny i am pretty sure it is permit please ...

Alawy89 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes