Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all!   I'm changing RR nodes from a customer core. Currently, they have 2 CPDs interconnected by an MPLS network. Inside this network, there are two nodes acting as Route Reflector.   All the BGP environments I have worked with use a pair of RR, a...

CJM by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've got two questions and I'm sorry if they seem like stupid questions!   First, do I have to to buy SFPs/QSFPs etc transceivers etc in order to connect the cables to the ports on the I/O modules? Can't I just connect cables directly to the switch? ...

som3awy by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,   I have facing issue during new vlan in nexus 5596 switch interface, after adding new vlan's old vlan get deleted or not seen on interface.   >Before adding the new vlan's interface config. is below   interface Ethernet1/25  inherit port-profile...

I have a number of 4507R-E switches with dual SUP6-E supervisors cards in them. during an upgrade to 15.2(2)E7 including a ROMMON upgrade to 12.2(44r)SG10 config goes missing. slot 3 Active Slot 4 Standby Hot - download the new code on active and sta...

for below attached diagram i did the sub-netting below. is it correct ? also if the static routing is used what are the routing table entries in each router.     192.168.3.0/24  is  the network 5 computers  ---192.168.3.0/29 7 computers  ---192.168.3...

jonk34567 by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,   I have a very peculiar issue. I have a Cisco 4500 series switch and two Nexus Switches(in HSRP V2) in my network. All my subnets gateway is Nexus Switches except for User and Voice subnet. So now we decided to make Nexus the gateway of...

Janish by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I will try to keep this simple.  We are looking to redo our WAN which peers with another WAN that we own (different ASNs).  We'll call these WAN1 and WAN2.  These span across the nation for arguments sake.  We have 3 eBGP peers throughout the nation....

Resolved! RIP

Gateway of last resort is 172.16.14.1 to network 0.0.0.0 R* 0.0.0.0/0 [120/1] via 172.16.14.1, 00:00:20, Ethernet0/2     what command should i enter to have above entry in routing table ?

jonk34567 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Take this configuration on a 6500 with 2 WS-X6716-10-GE modules installed.interface Port-channel1 description Switch02:Po1 switchport switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk switchport nonegotiate!interface TenGigabitEthernet1/1 de...

Resolved! Cisco Routing

Hi Friends, i need ur help, i m a beginer pls help me. i have 5 vlans in my L3 cisco switch and i enable i routing also. but i want to deny particular 2 vlans to deny the internet.