Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

If one of the port configured as Trunk was blocked by Spanning-Tree, does this will make the roles of other trunk ports as blocked/disabled? I read about this in HP's website and it doesn't make any sense because if all ports in the switch are config...

 for this network, the instructor allows vlans 10,30 on g0/1 SW1 , and also vlans 10,30 on g0/1 , without allowing vl 20 , on g0/2 allows 10,20,30 , in his explanation why vl 20 isn't allowed on trunk between sw1 , 2 he said because vl 20 don't have ...

Screenshot_20231123_130009.jpg
sumerfat by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i need help here guys , i have this school assignment and my teacher asked us to do intervlan routing using rip i've done the configuration like routers,switches and the routing but somehow when i tried to connec pc from router 1 to other router's pc...

I have updated my other Cisco 9300 switches, but am a bit confused on how to even select the right firmware for my Cisco 9606R Core.If I run sh ver it displays the following:Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 17.09.01Cisco IOS Software [Cupertino], Catal...

Rick001 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm experiencing an issue with communication between my TFTP server and switches. Routers and PCs can ping the server, but switches cannot. So, my question is: can the server block ICMP from the switch, and if so, how can I fix this? This is how m...

usun.PNG
kacperzyb by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to connect a new, second Cisco Nexus C93180YC-FX off an original (in production) due to port saturation. Is this model 'stackable'? I'm not seeing 'stacking' ports on the rear of the switch and my research is coming up empty so far. Note: Plea...

Hello,I understand what is EtherType - It is used to indicate which protocol  is encapsulated the payload of the frame.However I don't understand why for example L3 Packet doesn't have similar field?Why only L2 Frame needs this kind of field which wo...

Hello, i am trying to do an assignment in Packet Tracer which requires me to create an ZPF Public-Private zone and also a vlan 10 so the zone Public-Private should only inspect packets going out. The ZPF works, but when i add an vlan configuration an...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card