Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Good afternoon I am in the process of upgrading my 2950s to updated 2960s. But I need to keep what I have in place a little longer before I deploy the new switches I have 9 of these switches on a metro fiber network across my sites. One is a command...

I have ospf running on two interfaces on a router.  One Interface is 10G and the other is 1G.  Most of the traffic is going through the 1G but i'd prefer it to go to 10G.  The cost is obviously the same.  What is the best way to prefer 10G and use 1G...

jwilde by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello The other days I did a Webex to help a customer to configure some vlans and add them to existing trunks. Something surprised be but I didn't want to ask the customer.  In my lab equipment, if I am on the global config mode or under an interfac...

Amine M. by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have created a custom NBAR for my PRTG Probe traffic to be matched under my Class-map. I did the same as what Cisco said here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/qos_nbar/configuration/15-mt/qos-nbar-15-mt-book/nbar-cust-protcl.html B...

All,I've been in another discussion about glbp and now I have a question. I can't find anything on Cisco's site about how the algorithm is figured, so here's my question. According to a site that I found, it stated that a weight of 150 on 1 router an...

we use sw1-sw2-R1, r1 is dhcp server, Sw1 is doing dhcp snooping, and enable inform option.   sw2 specify the ip helper address R1,  but it didn't use ip dhcp relay info trust. so in this case, does souce ip address is 0.0.0.0 and giaddr=0 when i cap...

Hi I have a cisco ip phone setup with 2960 switch acting as dhcp server for data and voice vlan.I need to connect my ip phones to CUCM over wan router. What is the switch port configuration for connecting cisco wan router 2911 to forward both data vo...

mujeebre1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have couple of 3750 switches in stack. In the 2nd switch there are some SVIs configured. The SVIs go through packet drops at times and the switch becomes unreachable. This packet drop happens only with SVI and not with IP addresses assigned to any...

Sometimes i see configs with this interface naming style - $ES_LAN$$FW_INSIDE$. 1) Is this format being written by a wizard? 2) Is there a legacy/current purpose to using the $?  Some kind of variable? Just trying to understand the history here. ...

jacob6000 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes