Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All We have a 15Mbit MPLS link between the UK and USA, The latency on this is around 110ms We seem to be unable to get more than 6-7Mbit out the link and no more. Why would this be? what is the theoretical maximum speed with that latency? Cheers

In the past I have worked with various different media and many were not supported by Cisco.  To overcome this pitfall issuing the command service unsupported transceiver seemed to resolve most of the issues.In the new switches, 4500X and 3750X is th...

I have 1 x   WS-C3750X-48T-S switch and 4 x WS-C3560X-24T-L switches . All are using 4 port 1 GbE SFP Module (C3KX-NM-1G) and  SFP Transceiver Module SMF (GLC-LH-SMD). My connection is simple , each 4 x 3560 switches will connected to 3750 ,distance ...

Hi all, Currently we have the following situation: an active/standby setup with 2x 5508 ASA firewalls. The outside ip is 159.100.72.x/28 the inside ip is 150.20.x.y/16 In the routing tables there are entries for access to the 10.1.x.y/16 subnet. It...

Hi We are recieving random IP conflicts for clients ever since we implemented wireless authentication policies via ISE. The design is as follows- - Windows server 2012 DHCP setup in load balancing. Strange thing when load balancing is turned off, it ...

Hi all,   We have deployed VSS couple of weeks ago on 4506-E with SUP7L-E Supervisory Engines, As VSS works fine, we want to go ahead and implement MultiChassis EtherChannel, that’s where we are faced with a bit of a problem on a performance side;  ...

We have implemented multicast routing with our c6509, we have vlan interfaces for multicast sources. On console we see around 45 mbit/s incoming traffic for one interface, but ifHCInOctets counters reflect twice rate for it. Can it be a configuration...

HI all, I am developing a network that required multiple GRE tunnels terminating on one router. I Have been told that the 2851 routers that we generally use may not be powerful enough to run the 5 tunnels that are required. I've been told that a 2900...

aaron.jay by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Wanted to ask about the switch component config for getting bonjour setup on a 2504 WLC.   The guides I have come across so far keep saying that the switch portion needs to have ip pim dense mode configured.  But, the switch I have only has ip base i...

We have a server to server communication using custom UDP ports over a trunk port configured between the server farm switch and the core switch "Nexus 7k" Ping and TCP traffic is working fine, but the udp traffic is not, if we bypass the core and con...

The question refers to a private network design not connected to the internet (using switches not hub). Does number of users or devices is one of the factors? If so, what range (in qty) that when exceeded is best recommended to do subnetting?

acgarcia by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone please confirm the following link is the correct/compatible link to my router?  I'm practicing reverting IOS to a different version.  Additionally, what is a good way to ensure that I save the current version 12.2(46a).  Your help is appr...