Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Seeing an issue with this on a DMZ switch on our internet uplink. We have a shared space with a dedicated bandwidth but users are complaining about download speeds and limiting which we don't do.  Could these drops be due to throttling on the hosts s...

Hi,We have two C3750 switches in stack configuration and are trying to understand the reason why the counter "Too large frames" is constantly increasing on a TenGig trunk interface. We believe is because of the VLAN tagging added in the interface (ju...

Is it possible to prioritize certain vlans? I would to like prioritize 2 ports, since these are ATM ports. the lan is being congested for some reason. some devices are shuting down due to latency.. any ideas, so i can prioritze the traffic of the por...

I need to change the ID for a vlan and would like to minimize the outage for migrating the hosts. Our environment are Nexus cores using a VPCs to 5ks.  The SVI for the vlan resides on the Nexus cores and only L2 on the Nexus 5ks.  For example I have ...

I have a 3560-x connected to a 6509.  On the 6509 i have vlan 30 with ip 10.10.10.1/24.  The interface between the 6509 and the 3560 is access assigned vlan 30.  The 3560-x is using fa0 in routed mode and IP = 10.10.10.2/24.  I can't ping across this...

tporembski by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I deployed VTPv3 today on a couple of switches. Small site for testing :)I discovered that I could enable VTP pruning without being the primary server. And this change did not spread VTP domain wide. I had to enable VTP pruning on all switches in...

Weird problem - I have an ASR and a 2851 with HSRP on subinterfaces. I recently deleted a subinterface on both routers but I can still ping what was the HSPR virtual address from the 2851 but not from the ASR.I tried re-adding the subinterface with a...

Hello i am learning about differents operation modes of Cisco Switch and i have a question about the Cut-Through Switching Mode:Cut-Through mode tell the switch to forward a frame after opening only the first 14 bits. how this method can support Vlan...

Hi I am in the process of upgrading a 6500 to a 6800X. Many ports on the existing 6500 have the WRR Queues configured as below. The new core does not accept some of those lines and my knowledge regarding WRR is currently limited. Is it essential that...