Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, Iam setting up a DMZ environment to have External customers access my Servers sitting in the DMZ. I have attached the diagram for reference.Proposed Setup1) 2x ISP links (redundant) - IPSEC connections from customer terminating on our Internet Fa...

Hi, I am using switch 3560 for inter vlan routing i have following vlans 192.168.10.0/24 (voice) 192.168.20.0/24 (admin) 192.168.30.0/24 (data center) 192.168.40.0/24 (HR) I want to implement the ACL that no valn can access HR valn and HR vla...

Got another weird one that we are struggling to figure out. We have a voice only network with a Cisco 2901, a cisco SF300-48p is trunked to the router with 3 more SF300-24p starred off it.All the 2901 is doing routing to the voice gateway from the re...

Chris E by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,i have found some problems in my networks. There cas around 1-2 min outages on bacbone and i have found this messages in my switch.Can this case that interface 1/0/20 change state to listen and from this reason i have outages or based on this ...

i configure vss on 4500x ,with one switch is active and the other switch go into recovery mode,with all port except the vsl links in the amber orange,shutdown,i want to make two switch into active state,some one could help in this.the configuration w...

I have a cisco 1700 router that I would like to connect to my Verizon Actiontec router and the actiontec is 192.168.1.1 how would I be able to access the internet? I do have an 4 port hwic card.

moman1962 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a switch-C960X version 15.0 (2r) EX, and I was looking at the securit config guide for 15.0(2) EX.There's suppose to be a command to force a port to re-authenticate itself as I'm trouble shooting 802.1X issues. The command is "dot1x re-...

dcanady55 by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm installing switches for a client located very far from our HQ. This client is only accessible by plane (it is actually a mine located nothern Quebec, about 1000 km from our office).  I was about to finish the configuration of the switches whe...

Hello I have (2) Cisco 4500x with a VSS config. I als have a couple cables "SFP-H10GB-CU1M".I want to make sure I have this physically setup correctly. I have searched but not found anything specific enough.Please review and advise.  

Is there document/procedure for replacing the 5010 Pair with 5548 pair?  From what I understand the VPC's are compatible between a 50XX and 55XX hardware due to a change in the ASIC, is this correct?  Has anyone completed this type of upgrade? Thanks...

joeharb by Level 5
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI,We have Cisco 4500X at the core and Cisco 3750 at the edge. I would like it so we can disable unmanaged switches on some ports on an edge switch. I don't want a particular group of users plugging them in.How can i achieve this please?Thanks

I am setting up a stack of three WS-C3650-48FD.  Software version 3.3.3SE and Image version cat3k_caa-universalk9.  When I apply the following route map: route-map STATIC-2-EIGRP permit 40 match tag 400 set tag 400 I get the following message: Erro...

andym5041 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card