Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HI , When I see "sh int status" from core switch --access switch port, I am getting huge count of Broadcast/multicast packet How to refrain that behaviour & how to check what machine/host is generating the traffic. Also any fine-tuning needs to be do...

Hello CSC,     I am trying to figure this out. I have two vlans I am trying to run to a trailer. One is for our wireless network(vlan2) and one for our wired(vlan3). Unfortunately I have only one physical link back to the main network, an unmananged ...

Dear All,While analyzing my switching infrastructure I found the following strange values.I have 2 HP Enclosures with 2 Cisco 3020 switches each.On the first Enclosure, while showing one interface in the backplane I get:GigabitEthernet0/1 is up, line...

p.caforio by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a somewhat older 1712 I picked up, understanding that it should do what I am looking for.I have a 5 IP block from my provider that I need to map out 1:1. The way I understand this is to first assign the interfaces their IP address, then create...

jimhood82 by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,    We have  cisco 4507 catalyst switch in which end users are connected. today this catalyst switch goes down , i checked the input power was normal but the Switch is not running. All the notification lights like supervisior engine and Fan status...

I've got a Nexus 5548 running 6.0(2)N2(3).  It does not use the mgmt interface or management vrf.  It's using a vlan interface for all my management access.I have a simple snmp config set up:snmp-server community mystring My SNMP server is directly c...

I have a 3560 (sits external of the firewall) that connects to HP Virtual Connect via two trunks (all carrying the proper VLANs).  Within Virtual Connect, I have my VMware UAG systems.  I have static ARP entries on the 3560 that points all of t...

When using the Cisco power calculator, what is the difference between 'Output Power' and 'Typical Power Used'? The numbers for the sup, fabric and line cards are not that different. But, the system fan is very different. Just trying to figure out exa...

Curently, we are running VSS between a 6509 (switch 1) and a 6504 (switch 2) with SUP2T-10G.Because of capacity issues, we want to remove the 6504, and replace it with a 6509. My concern is this may completely break VSS as the SUP 2Ts in the 6509 are...

ziutek by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.There is two switches in the equation:WS-C2960-24TT-L    12.2(55)SE5           C2960-LANBASEK9-M and stack of Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------     1 12  ...

Hi,I have configured VSS between 4500X switches, show commands showing expected results,Scenario attached #        Issue:When Cisco 300 switch is connected to Active [vss] sw, then I can ping server 192.168.0.10 and 20 which is conncted to 3750 SW, ...