Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,Consider a L3 switch with multiple SVIs:Interface VLAN 10 - 10.0.10.254/24Interface VLAN 20 - 10.0.20.254/24Interface VLAN 30 - 10.0.30.254/24Interface VLAN 7 - 10.0.7.254/24Obviously all SVI IPs can be used to manage the switch.  I want to be abl...

Hello,I have a issue with a specific laptop.When it gets plugged into  vlan x I can see port-security errors! If i remove port-security config from the port it wont get an dhcp.If I change the port to vlan y it works straightaway with or without port...

Srin_G by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am working on a project at work and need some suggestions. I need to develop a LAN health check process/guideline to perfrom LAN health checks.I am evaluating some tools from Solar Winds and would like to try some from cisco, any ideas on what i co...

We have an ASA 5505 and Cisco 1240AG wireless Access points. We have the internal LAN, and a public and Private Wireless networks on different Vlans. The organization is an arena so at times we have a lot of people on the public wireless. When this h...

jason0923 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi..  I have recently added a 3550 switch in my network. This switch Fastehernet port connect to distribution switch 2960 Gigabit port. Fastethernet port configured with trunk and dot1Q encapsulation and 2960 Gig port is with trunk only. When i con...

Anukalp S by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybodyI encountered a very strange behavior.( I changed the ip address and device name to protect customer privacy)We have a vlan 182 for our customer ;vlan 182 has only port channel 2.Customer is conncted to int vlan 182 on router  ( int vlan ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there, we are using new Layer 3 3650 switches which has inbuilt wireless capabilities but i need configuration so can plug some AP's to it. WS-C3650-48PS      03.03.03SE        cat3k_caa-universalk9could some one please share there basic config so...

Hi all. I trying setting the environment with GEPON and CISCO C3750X, I have the follow topology.  The equipment GEPON have interfaces OLT(optical Line Terminator) with port fiber and port gigaethernet. This port is connnected port switch 3750x, port...

r-barbosa by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone,I tried to install an ASR 1001 today (an addition to the existing network at a different DC) and I just couldn't get OTV to work.Am I missing something, is something wrong with the config?AED says: No, site interface not up :-/ (This i...