Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

What does Local mean in this output?R4#show ip bgp 10.6.0.0/24 BGP routing table entry for 10.6.0.0/24, version 19 Paths: (1 available, best #1, table Default-IP-Routing-Table)   Advertised to update-groups:         2   Local    192.168.0.6 (metric 1...

Hello,i have the following setup at a remote siteRouter-Distribution switch- several access switchesThe router will act as a default gateway and dhcp helper for every vlan.what are the things that need to be configured on the router and the interface...

asus zowey by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Our existing network are using two 3560G 24 ports layer3 and nine 2960 layer2 switchs, they are created trunk between layer3 and layer2 with spanning tree, now the two 3560G no more ports to use, so want to buy new 3750 layer3 switch. My questi...

I recently saw the command "neighbor x.x.x.x activate" under router bgp configuration. Neighbors are automatically activated if configured properly. Then why do we need this command?

Hello everyone,i would appreciate it if any one could help me with the following WAN network--- switch stack---- lan ( another switch stack - access switch- end devices)i want to configure the core switch stack as a default gateway and dhcp helper fo...

asus zowey by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,I have 4 x cisco N5K switches, 2 in each site. siwtches in each site are connected via a peer link which is working fine. now I want to connect both sites via 2 x 10G fibers i.e.switch-1 site-1  to switch-1 site-2switch-2 site-1 to switch-2 site 2...

Hello,I have WS-C6509-E chassis which have 2 Sup ( ( VS-S720-10G ) I want to upgrade s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI3.bin TO s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI12.binI do not want to come accross with service outage ( boot etc. ).So I w...

I have a question regarding the default native  vlan, I have a cisco based environment and I set vlan XXX on a native on  trunk links, I also running Multiple Spanning Tree on my switches &  create instances for vlan segregation.My question is here c...

Hi AllI am having a setup of  13-14 switches. Its a mix of cisco , non cisco, unmngabled (dlink) switches. When I try to find a device on which switch it is conncted by tracing MAC address table. Most of the time I end up on switch (Say Switch A) who...