Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I created the topology above in GNS3. If i ping GNS002 from GNS001 and disable the interface of the successor route (s1/1 on R1) it takes 15 seconds to fail over. This is correct, because "show ip eigrp topology" doesn't shows R2 as a feasible rou...

urs.weiss by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Cisco experts,I have configured Cisco C3750X-48TS etherchannel with netapp FAS2240 configured  static multi_mode .interface Port-channel1description FAS2240 flowcontrol receive onspanning-tree guard loop!interface GigabitEthernet1/0/37flowcont...

I inherited a C4510R+E switch with about 15 VLANs which can all talk to each other just fine. I have been tasked with isolated 1 of the VLANs from all of the others and putting a firewall (ASA5510) in between the other VLANs and the isolated one. I w...

I have several vlans running on a 4510R, but I have confusion on one of them.When I do a sh vlan brief everything looks fine, the vlan in question (vlan99) is active and has 4 ports assigned to it. When I do a sh int desc, however, vlan99 shows 'admi...

Hi,We have some Catalyst 6500 switches with SUP720 -3B.We have to upgrade their IOS.Thoses switches have 67xx series CFC modules.Router#show moduleMod Ports Card Type                              Model              Serial No.--- ----- ---------------...

croue by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

VLANS:                 Let’s see how the concept of VLAN came into the play. Assume that we have a 24 port switch and there are 4 departments each consisting of 6 PC’s and all of them are connected to the switch on its all 24 ports.                As...

Hi All,Can somemone help me understand the speed coloun of the below output, It denotes "S" & "D" beside auto. I woud like to understand what it actually refers to.switch# show interface brief----------------------------------------------------------...

Hello,I have layer 3 switch and I want to manage it through telnet.  If I have a SVI with ip address 10.89.22.3  255.255.255.0  will the ip default gateway  command work if I want to telnet from another vlan on another switch and also does the ip def...

Fromhttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/security/configuration/guide/scfrpf.html#wp1001215 There is seems to be no effective direct method for monitoring uRPF violations.  The only indrect method seems to be having a "deny ip any any log" ACL an...

Hello, i try to use dhcp static mapping. At WS-X45-SUP7-E in sso mode. It's already good working for me, but i receive this error: 000243: 000202: *Nov 15 14:01:29.540: %DHCPD-4-HA_CONFIG_MISMATCH: STANDBY:DHCP pool mit_stb configuration on Active is...

HiIm totally new to networking but have been asked to sort our IT by the boss.We currently run a wired network that also includes 3 WAP's with a network address of 192.168.2.xwe want to separate all wireless with an address of 192.168.3.xwe have a ci...