Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

VLANS:                 Let’s see how the concept of VLAN came into the play. Assume that we have a 24 port switch and there are 4 departments each consisting of 6 PC’s and all of them are connected to the switch on its all 24 ports.                As...

Hi All,Can somemone help me understand the speed coloun of the below output, It denotes "S" & "D" beside auto. I woud like to understand what it actually refers to.switch# show interface brief----------------------------------------------------------...

Hello,I have layer 3 switch and I want to manage it through telnet.  If I have a SVI with ip address 10.89.22.3  255.255.255.0  will the ip default gateway  command work if I want to telnet from another vlan on another switch and also does the ip def...

Fromhttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/security/configuration/guide/scfrpf.html#wp1001215 There is seems to be no effective direct method for monitoring uRPF violations.  The only indrect method seems to be having a "deny ip any any log" ACL an...

Hello, i try to use dhcp static mapping. At WS-X45-SUP7-E in sso mode. It's already good working for me, but i receive this error: 000243: 000202: *Nov 15 14:01:29.540: %DHCPD-4-HA_CONFIG_MISMATCH: STANDBY:DHCP pool mit_stb configuration on Active is...

HiIm totally new to networking but have been asked to sort our IT by the boss.We currently run a wired network that also includes 3 WAP's with a network address of 192.168.2.xwe want to separate all wireless with an address of 192.168.3.xwe have a ci...

Dear All,I have got 6504E switch. I just wondered that there are not rack mounting rails in the box.It has only side L brackets, I am not sure it will take the load of the switch. Anybody went through this? Any suggession.Thank You,Abhisar.

hello friends, l have an issue here with EIGRP default route.this is my home lap which am working on but something is not working.from window XP7 on the far left if l ping the loopback addresses on the ISP it works fine but if l tracert e.g 2.2.2.2 w...

Resolved! Issues with VTP

Hello,Here is my question ?I have three core swithces and 8 acces switches I configured VTP on twocore sitches same VTP confiduration Q1:Which one will act asa server ?Q2:what is the use of transparent mode in production any use for this ?Q3:Suppose ...

Hi,I am looking for a document for the upgrade process of the Supervisor 2T to (s2t54-ipservicesk9-mz.SPA.151-1.SY2.bin) when using the Console port. Also, I have the boot image (s2t54-boot-mz.SPA.151-1.SY2.bin) that I also want to upgrade my 2T whic...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card