Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello  Cisco experts, My company will replace two 3560G (HSRP active Standby) with 2 3750X ( will be stacked)  switches in the near future. I need to make a switch replacement procedure ( starting from removing the 3560s  until the...

adi822001 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have attahced one document which explains redistribution of connected networks into ospf.can someone explain me this in simple words?It says that connected networks are indirectly redistributed into a routing protocol. How??Regards,Vishal   ...

6500 is core switch, have 2 vlanvlan 101 (server)ip add 172.16.1.254/24vlan  22 (client)ip add 172.16.22.254/24interface Vlan101ip address 172.16.1.254 255.255.255.0ip helper-address 172.16.1.102no ip proxy-arp!interface Vlan22ip address 172.16.22.25...

wisit_jan by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello - can control plane traffic cause a stormImagine a looped triangle topology with VLAN 1 passing all the control plane traffic over the interconnecting dot1q trunks as usual. Lets say STP does NOT successfully converge on VLAN 1 for whatever rea...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there.Doing a lab to play with a combination of features.Having trouble with connections between 2 VLANs.I am doing NAT, Policy Based Routing (PBR) and HSRP on two routers.The routers are cisco 1921 running (C1900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.3(2)TF...

Hello All,i have new chassis with VS-sup2t i found class-map preconfigured can explain why these configured and do i have to delete ?class-map match-any class-copp-icmp-redirect-unreachableclass-map match-all class-copp-gleanclass-...

Steev112 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know why there is a disparity between the power consumption for PoE calculatorand spec sheet ? What is being factor in the calculator?WS-C3750X-48P-S(715W) : spec sheet say default PoE power of 370 WBut the calculator has it as Total PoE ...

xayavongp by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I'm looking to create a new DMZ VLAN that is only accessible via our firewall, but I'm thinking of a few different ways to stop inter VLAN routing to this VLAN and was wondering what the best way of doing it would be?The network simplistically...

Most of the reference material I have seen on cisco.com has RT video being marked DSCP 34 and mapped to a CBWFQ.However, part of the Enterprise MediaNet QoS Design document refers to TelePresence traffic being in the strict priority queue which shoul...

gmckay2e2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I always hear that you cannot have a router act as a VTP server to propagate all your VLAN settings out to your switches. I have a Cisco 3550 Switch which is doing inter vlan routing. Can I set this to be in VTP server mode? Its a switch, yet its doi...

ZaneZ by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes