Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to understand native vlan and trunkingI have a server on with a trunk port with VLAN 10,11,12,20. I need to have VLAN 10 untagged, the rest of the VLANs taggedWhich Is this correct?A)switchport trunk encapsulation dot1qswitchport mode tru...

Hi allwe have switch 3560 , running interface vlan , and apply route-map on interfaces vlan . but traffic slowly between interface vlan . i try apply "ip route-cache policy " . but it not workinterface Vlan15ip address 10.0.113.33 255.255.255.224ip r...

hung_1182 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I tried to lab L2TPv3 in GNS. Everything was looking good and it appears my tunnel comes for a brief second but, then goes down and I never could ping from one side to the other. Is this a shortcoming of GNS? As far as I know it doesn't support La...

I have a server that needs to be setup with a trunk port with VLAN 12,14,15,20. It also needs an untagged VLAN 10Which config is correctA)Switch# switchport trunk encapsulation dot1qSwitch# switchport mode dynamic desirableSwitch# switchport trunk na...

Dear Firends,I need help with HSRP with NAT. I have problem in some situations.See attached image for example.Situations:1° If interface Gi0/0 is down, then the HSRP changes to router 2, but Gi 0/1 continues in router 1. When the packet leaves networ...

Resolved! 3750X weird CLI

I was building a new 3750X switch stack.I placed 4 switches in a stack.  Installed all stacking cables and power stacking cables.Powered everything up and consoled in.Here is where it got a little weird.2 of the 4 switches came up in the stack.The la...

Resolved! 10 Gb dhcp issue

We connected a new 3750x stack to our 6509 core today using two 10gb links in an ether channel using single mode fiber and LR SFPs. The problem we have is that dhcp will only work when the first uplink is activated. The second uplink will not pass dh...

Hello Experts, Lately I have been noticing mac flap messages on some of our access layer 3750G switches. Just a little background on how this is setup. These 3750G switches are stacked and uplinked to a distribution layer 3750E stack (2 switches) via...

I've been doing some research on these technologies, since they are one of my weakpoints.But, what are the differences between the two and how do they relate? I don't need a 5 paragraphresponse, but if you want too, feel free. I'm all about doing my ...