Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,As per best practice how many physical link shall we use for vPC peer keepalive link ?In many document its wriiten to use managment interface only , but a single interface is suffecient for this or we should have atleast 2 interfaces ?Vijay

tyagi.v by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiWe currently have a stack of 5 x 3750 switches and i want to remove switch number 3 (it has the least number of things plugged in).Can anyone tell me what will happen to switch 4 and 5 will they be renumbered 3 and 4, and will the config automatica...

Hi All, I have a running setup having 2 Cisco 2960s 24 TS switch with Stack configuration. Now I want to add one more same Cisco switch. My questions are:-1) How can I do this...(Should follow the same process as I did before. Please suggest.2) Could...

Hello, every know that a basic method against DHCP Spoofing is DHCP snooping. But the orther way to protect from that is - the DHCP server must create a static ARP entry that cannot be updated by a dynamic ARP packet. Can someone explain me that ? If...

from88 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I recently acquired a 2960 (WS-C2960-24TT-L) 24-port switch to power a cabinet I'm about to lease. I have little IOS experience other than helping to manage a few ASA's more than 3 years ago, and would like to configure this switch to work as s...

bcaricofe by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello,Ios of my switch was damaged. when it start and falls into rommon mode, I can´t  access to the flash.this is what happens when start:The password-recovery mechanism is enabled.The "MAC_ADDR" environment variable is not set.Initializing Flash......

reinierbg by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I created a lab and I have a few issues. One with a layer 3 switch and another with a ASA 5550. Thanks in advanced.1. Layer 3 switch: I have created multiple Vlans and I am able to route between them. I can ping the switch IP but not the default gate...

Hello,I have separate cisco 3750 switches one is a 48 port and one is a 24 port switch.I have the 48 port switch setup on a vlan.interface Vlan95 ip address 192.168.95.1 255.255.255.0!then i have another 24 port switch setup asinterface Vlan55 descri...

pkroetsch by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good afternoon,Probably this is a trivial question but I have not found any response to it. What I would like is to set my cisco 877W rotuer up in order to act as a DNS server which forwards DNS queries following these simple rules:     1.- If the na...

bprietoclv by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes