Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

helllorecently we had a bit of issues in our network that has led me to take a look at the configuration we have for cluster links for servers.The current configuration is                    Building configuration...Current configuration : 242 bytes!...

TGF_Cisco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a query regarding HSRP and their associated multicast messages.  I have two Cisco 4948E switches in a distribution layer connected via a 20Gbps link at Layer 2 and two Cisco ME routers provided by an ISP running HSRP connected at Layer ...

Is it possible to assign 2 ports to a vlan on this switch and have the 2 machines connected to those ports be able to see each other without having to go off of the switch? If so, how would it need to be setup on the switch?

Hi,Our server switch (10.0.0.249) it is connected with cores switch with portchannel and now its was start broadcasting with three specific mac address.Gi1/0/31 Gi1/0/7       (X.X.X.5441)Gi 1/0/27 Gi1/0/19    (X.X.X.56C9)Gi1/0/31 Gi1/0/32     (X.X.X....

BLUF:  Does port security using sticky MAC addresses (on a 3750 platform) also affect the switch's MAC address table, or is port security entirely separate from the MAC address table?Background:I ran into an issue with two firewalls in an active-pass...

Im new to the cisco world, working though courses to get my ccna certificate. Bought a cisco 2950 series switch 12.Im trying to set it up for ssh but having issues with the crypto key command. Ive googled looking for answers and found that i had to d...

I am noticing high memory used on my 2960-S I am running 15.0(2)SE.  I am concerned that there is a problem with this model and IOS.  What can I do to solve this?also found discussion about 12.2 having similar issueshttps://supportforums.cisco.com/th...

Sam Jones by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello this is my first post so excuse me and my knowledge on MST regions is going round and round in circles.I Currently have 13 switches in partial mesh. I am on the boundary of these devices being in the standard STP "diameter". Due to the variabil...

Hi All, I have two routers trying to connect them back to back but interface status on both router is in "down" state. am I missing something? thanks for any help. also I am using T1 crossover  cable pinout  (1,2 > 4,5 )AlexROUTER-A interface Serial0...