Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,In a one arm load-balancing configuration setup is it necessary to use source nat? or does the LB know what NAT needs to take place? It has knowledge that its in a one arm config as seen below (from the gui of the ACE)Take an example for instan...

Hi AllWe are facing a issue regarding with TCAM on ACL entries for one of the vlan. - VLAN ACL applied on 1 ,2 , 3 Vlans ,only users on 3rd Vlan are facing packet drop/slowness , after remove the ACL it’s working fine without packet drop.- Same ACL u...

we are using cisco 6509 series switches as core switches. and Cisco 4510,4507 series switches as edge switches. all the vlans are created at core switches and propogating to edge switches through VTP. we are using OSPF as routing protocol at core swi...

Resolved! BGP scenario

Hi everybody.Please consider the following BGP scenario with the default settings i.e AS path will be used to choose the best path.Customer Network(AS1)---link1----ISP1(AS2)----------ISP3(AS3)--------ISP4(AS4)--PC                                     ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybodyThis is what my book says:Ospf  elects DR/bdr on NBMA int.  Dynamic neighbor discovery is not permitted therefore we need to use " neighbor A.B.C.D " command.I found something diffferent:R1-----f0/0----sw------f0/0----R2Above I changed th...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi ,i want to ask about etherchannel  and especailly , why we type the command #channel-protocol pagpor #channel-protocol lacpi mean we can type desirable , auto ,on for pagp,but why we need to type the command #channel-protocol pagpcurrently im conf...

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just received a new 4510R+E switch with CAT4500e SUP7e Universal Image cat4500e-universal.spa03.01.01.sg.150-1.x01.bin software imag with License Level ipbase. We specified in the order to receive CAT4500e Universal Crypto Image with License Level ...

diek by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I have 2 RPs in my scenario. I want RP1 to only entertain FF08::9, whereas RP2 shall be the rp for rest of the range i.e. FF00:/8. When i define the access-list with /128 prefix and try to apply it when configuring rp on RP1, it gives an erro...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi every body ..i have a layer 3 etherchannel with 2 port on a 3560 switch and the other side of channel is the vlan interface of a layer 2 switch with 2 access interface and its working well !so i wanna send all traffic on the first link of channel ...

Hi All,Thanks to this forum and its members for all the support I had received until now.We have our DataCenter core switches composed of redundant 2*Cisco 6504 switches. The redundant switch / Chassis went down due to hardware issue and we have got ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card