Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi.  Let say I have a router with an SVI and 4 Vlans.If I connect 4 cables to access ports on a switch with the corresponding Vlans , would It be possible to communicate with the other Vlans through the SVI ?

Reprovoid by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 3500XL v 12.0(5)

I have a POE switch running 12.0(5).  I have port 24 connected as a trunk connected to the main switch.  I need to add an ip address on vlan 21 which is where the network vlan is.  I created it but I can not seem to enable it.  I have issued the no s...

Hi -We have 3 switches - A, B and C.  A is connected to B and B to C via lacp etherchannel dot1q trunks.  There is no direct link from A to C.A is a VTP server.  Additionally, it is our root bridge and has SVIs that act as default router interfaces f...

gcdudley by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybodyI am trying to perform this lab where i need a layer 3 switch.  I am using gns3.   I  am trying to use  router 2691with NM-16ESW module as a layer 3 switch.h2-----vlan1--f1/1( router 2691) f1/2---vlan2-------h3(remember in above set up, r...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have the scenario as pictured in the attachment.Company A migration with Company BI built a layer 2 trunk between the Company A and B core switches. Both switches can talk over the newly built Layer2 trunk. Both switches are same VTP domain and run...

blach1980 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I would like to have a basic doubt clarified in the HSRP confiugration. typically during HSRP configuration we wuld configure the Virtual IP on all the HSRP group members. but while playing wtih the configuration today i figured out that if Virtual I...

Morning,Stumped again with my Catalyst 2950. Everything is working perfectly with wan/dhcp/router on fa 0/1 with all ports assigned to vlan1. All devices plugged in connect to the router correctly with ip's being assigned via dhcp.Instead of hooking ...

gregz0012 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am using IT360 professional edition for monitoring our switch performance.we have 9 cisco 2960 gigabit 48 port switch,out off nine one switch showing some packet loss.how can  I avoid  this packet loss??Also the switch response time is also very...

Sihanu N by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I just picked up a 24 port Catalyst 2950 to expand my home network and learn a bit more about networking. Having just upgraded the IOS software 'm now trying to get this to work as required on my network but I'm having a few issues.My intentions a...

gregz0012 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In a case, if we have router interface and PCs connected to router then we have to declare Pcs Ip address in Dynamic routing  if using RIP 1/2 or EIGRP. But what if we have switched connected to router and having more  than 40 PCs . Do we have to typ...

Hi everybody>I look at the CEF output and two entries pretty intriguing :R1#show ip cefPrefix              Next Hop             Interface0.0.0.0/0           drop                 Null0 (default route handler entry)0.0.0.0/32          receive0.0.0.0/0 ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are experience an issue that I have yet figure out. We have computers that are connected to a switch stack of 3 - 3750 switches.  Randomly, we experience pcs that fail to communicate on the network. At first thought I figured the port went into er...

I have a 3550 l3 switch configured as follows:vlan 10 ports 1-10vlan 21 ports 11-20vlan 30 port 21-30vlan 40 ports 31-40default vlan should be vlan 21I have the servers, switch and router connected to vlan 21.  Vlan 21 works great I can browse the in...