Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I just got a used Cisco SG200-26 switch. Upon powering it up, all of the port status lights illuminate for half a second, then go out. The system light then begins to blink green and stays this way while the unit is powered on. I tried plugging compu...

Brady L by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there. im trying to configure 2 vlans with the same name, one on each switch so they can "ping". but this doesn't work. I have tried with dot1q and trunk but I can't find any solution. Maybe it's because I'm new to this. If you could help me I wou...

proyect.png

I am experiencing  problem with STP on the below diagram , every time Changes happen at STP over the switches it cause network outage for the network behind the router as well routing table Sw 1 , 2 ,3 ,4 directly connected to each other with trunk p...

JoeGo88_1-1672040392296.png
JoeGo88 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

hellowhen i look to swiths's 'dir' command information i don't know that '-rwx' mean.-rwxr: read / w:wirte / x : executewhat's does the '-' mean that?i think that '-' means doesn't have authoriztion, but look at this under line. [ 727 -rwx 6150 May 2...

lowclear by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good day, newbie here again.I have 5 2960s working normally, but I'm looking to harden their security and improve their overall performance. The network is a simple one, with 3 vlans (guest wifi, corp wifi, and corp network).One detail that annoys me...

Cuda by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,I already configured SSHV2,Now I want to configure specific ciphers, but I couldn't configure any cipherwhich command should I use to configure ssh ciphers?My MDS version is 0 8.4(1)AEAD_AES_256_GCM, AES235-CTR WITH HMAC-SHA2-512

adir868 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

hello,I need your help and suggestion about how to design a new company site with the following information2 main IT ROOMs : the first one with 2*9704 and 4 cisco 2960x , se second with one 9704 and 3 cisco 2960xmany branch rooms that contains 2960x ...

IBE by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all, im struggling to delete a voice interface vlan, as you can see from the pic below no ports are assigned to this vlan ie tagged/untagged but its still not letting me delete the vlan any help please would be much appreciated many thanks,rob

I am unable to boot ios in catalyst 3560 switch switch:Boot Sector Filesystem (bs) installed, fsid: 2Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:19:aa:b5:74:80Xmodem file system is available.The password-recovery mechanism is enabled.Initializing Flash...flashfs[0...

It sounds crazy right but was at work of reinstalling the C1000FE-24T-4G-L switch. We begin to install when we here rattling inside. Thought oh no something must of broken in transitions from racks. We pull the PSU's out shake it around to see what w...

shabir23 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes