Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to add the following but it seems that I can not add over 5 entries.  Is there a limitation as to how many you can add? I cannot do a range for all of the VLANS as I am setting this up for our IPS to monitor and there are Voice VLANs in ...

I have a Cisco Catalyst C6506-E running IOS Version 12.2(18)SXF13, and a Catalyst 3750 running Version 12.2(25r)SEC.  I found an oddity looking at my VLANs configured between my 6500 and my 3750.  On the 6500, VLAN 223 has an ifIndex of 218.  The 375...

Hi,I have a fairly redundant network setup. For my clients, I use VRRP to get a redundant default gateway (2 routers, R1 and R2). This works fine. As the clients use DHCP, I use an ip helper address to get to the DHCP server on a different subnet.I h...

mvandorp by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good day,I need a CISCO Switch... which have 12 ports for Fiber and 12 Ports for ethernet (gig ot 10gig).kindly specify, whichn model is available, and which module have to use  for fiber..thankyou..P.S. I have seen 3560,3750 datasheets  , but didnt ...

Hello,We have Four 2960S Switches in Stack.  We have created Multiple VLANs.   While Pinging from Member PC to Member VLAN IP on Switch, we are getting Higher TTL response & Some ping breaks for One Particular VLAN...    While pinging from Member PC ...

I have two switches connected via a metro fiber handoff so the effective bandwidth is 2Mb rather than the 100 Mb that is negotiated to vendor switch I want to protect voice and video at  all cost at the expense of all else.would it be better to shape...

whanson by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have auto cost reference set to   auto-cost reference-bandwidth 10 Gbps.  When I do sh ospf interface brief, i see that vlans have a cost of 10.  I have few other 10gig links and they have a cost of 1, which it should be.  Why do the vlans have a c...

I have use case for mobile IP, but am unsure it is the right solution.  the problem is setting up a wireless network with roaming IP phone users.  There are two options; one is to span a vlan to be used by phones or use mobile IP to allow roaming bet...

im looking for a cisco switch that has 24 POE ports, i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction a 2960 is to high spec for what we need but an SG200 type model will suffice, i have looked online for ages but none of the products ...

Hi,We are experiencing two of our layer 3 switches (3560 PoE and 3750 PoE) switches giving us problems with giving power to IP phones. These switches have an embedded PoE module and would previously give power to all IP phones on all its ports. Now a...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card