Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Our main ASA5510 is set up to failover to a second 5510, and is using the management port for that purpose. All of the other LAN ports are in use.Currently we can manage the ASA using ASDM5.2 from and device on the LAN.We are now going through PCI Co...

hi! I've a wan interface that's 1000mbps in router A and another router that's connected to router A with port 100mbps. Can i fix both interface with speed 100 and duplex full for both sides? Will there be any issue?Thanks.

dkblee by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,I'm after a bit of advice.In my environment I have a pair of Fortigate firewalls configured in a Active-Passive configuration, that are connected, through a 802.3ad interface to a pair of stacked Cisco 3750X (distribution). I also have a down...

7k Upgrade Path from 4.2 to 5.1.3:I'm trying to confirm if I definately need to upgrade from 4.2 to 4.6/5.0 before I go to 5.1.3 for system and kickstart?And then for EPLD, I see a few hops in the path, can I upgrade straight from 4.2 to 5.1?Thank yo...

Good Day!We just have a Cisco 1900 Series installed on our  network. Using lease connection from Globe Telecom our Service provider  using Radio wave( I dont know if thats the proper thing to call). I just  have some question,..1). Is it proper that ...

Hi, i have a network of 192.168.11.0/24 that is needed to be subnetted to one /26 network and two /30 networks. I want to keep all the rest of available hosts after subnetting to be available in the largest network blocks possible for future use. So ...

Ruterford by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have our network segmented in VLANs, and at one branch office, we had some problems cause someone used the gateway IP in a device. We use as gateway a Cisco Catalyst 3560-G 24T-S IOS 12.2(58)SE2.I would like to know if I have some way to block ...

Hey,I'm seeing a bit of a strange issue here, and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong on the 3560 platform. Basically, I cannot clear a mac sticky on an interface. acc-sw#clear port-security all interface gi 0/30 acc-sw#Sep 26 06:26:48.082 PDT...

Hi,I have on my switch PVSTP enable, as you can see from "show spanning-tree summary" command output below :Switch is in pvst modeRoot bridge for: noneExtended system ID           is enabledPortfast Default             is disabledPortFast BPDU Guard ...

Resolved! acl and vacl

Hi,What is the precise difference between normal acl that is applied to an interface or svi vlan interface and vlanacl(VACL)?does VACL mean that traffic within a single vlan can be controlled?thanks in advance.

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes