Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Question to make sure I understand this correctly.I know when using spanning tree portfast on host ports should be enabled. But what about when using trunked portchannels and non trunk portchannels and a truncked port in general. A little misguided h...

Environment/Situation: The cat4500 with supervisor V-10G is used inside an Internet DMZ, running 12.2(32). It has about 100 entries in routing table, mostly are 10.x.x.x, or 192.168.x.x, use default network to point back to Internet. Now a load balan...

Hi all: See diagram for more details:Nex 1 is only learning 40.40.40.0/24 from router C as per show ip eigrp topology 40.40.40.0/24Note bandwidth set on 40.40.40.0 is 128KIf I disable split horizon on router VPN fa0/1 then I am good.Nex 1 sees both.S...

Ben Alex by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Setting up a new 3750-X, do not want a crypto rsa keys configured. I do have ip http secure-server enabled and I believe this is whats causing these to keep generating. I deleted the crypto pki trustpoint & certificate. I also did a 'crypto key zeroi...

Hi Guys...i have a pretty good understanding in multicast technologies, but today i ran into some doubts...The thing is:- When we have sparse-dense mode configured and the router does NOT know a RP for a particular group, it would fall into dense mod...

gfcisco31 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If anyone delete flash of 4506 Switch having no back up of ios. how device will behave and what should one do in one caseRegards,Rajat

r.kukreja by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 6509 on my site and I want to upgrade IOS because I have a  certain problem which is included in the attachment so what is the best  and the latest IOS version does fit me and add extra features like EEM and the latest feature my HW could supp...

Hi !I currently in my final prep of 642-873 Arch certification Exam.  I my documentation I found contracdition about ether-channel best practice configuration. In my book the author wrote the following question as a review :in the solutionnary author...

xine xine by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Upgraded a 6509 with dual Sup720's to a 6509E Chassis.  after installing the 2 SUP720's in the new 6509E chassis the SUPs boot to RMON any time they reload.  From RMON I am able to use the boot command to load the IOS.  I have used the BOOT= command ...

clpaul by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Friends, I have one Cisco 1603 router which got only one Serial & one 10/T Ethernet port,I need a converter which I can connect top on serial port to connect to my ADSL router via Ethernet port, (this will be used as home router for my practice,...

Hi all experts. I was practicing ip pim accept-register and i encountered the following issue. Pls guide me in this I have 3 routers connected as shown belowR1------------------R2--------------------R3Source              RP                    ClientF...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have uploaded a topology diagram of what I am trying to do. Basically I have a DMZ ASA and another ASA on the inside of our network. The ASA on the inside connected beneth the 4507 is the firewall for our datacenter. The datacenter ASA then connect...