Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,we have build up a Port-Channel to a Checkpoint Firewall, which is running a new software, which allows this the first time.Before it was not possible.Now we have two Cisco 6500 Series Switche form where each Port-Channel was built to two Check...

richi3161 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I have been wondering this for a while but I could not find any references to this on Google so here goes...Is it possible to configure Vlan speed on the WS-C2924m-XL switch?Eg. If I have 5 Vlans sharing 1 100Mbps port to an uncontented switc...

chris6273 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 6500 boot system

Hi,I try to force boot image with boot system disk1:xxxxx.bin command, but it always stuck into rommon mode. I check bootvar found correct boot location and config-register was 0x2102 so i have to manual boot image from disk1: via rommon mode.Anyone ...

Rojer-bkk by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have been tasked with upgrading our core switches.Currently we are at:sho run = s72033-pk9s-mz.122-18.SXD7b.bin sho ver = IOS (tm) s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-PK9S-M), Version 12.2(18)SXD7b, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)I see nothing higher thant...

I have a 1721 router which I have connected using a crossover cable to an XP laptop. I have set up Hyperterminal with the advised settings. On connection I see a flashing cursor in the window. If I type in 'AT' I get the reply 'OK'. If I switch the r...

shalfl33t by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Just a simple question. When stacking switches do they have to be running exactly the same version of IOS?Also, what if we are running the latest IOS but one is running ipbase and the other ipservices?Thanks,Adam

Aileron88 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am a network engineer and have a problem with a LAN at work when i change the default gateway on any of the pc's. I am not sure if this problem is down to the windows xp sp3 pc's or the cisco 3750 switch they are connected to so please bear with me...

Could someone provide a good example of how to tag external EIGRP routes coming froma specific neighbor when using Nexus?We have ASAs performing Reverse Route Injection and redistribution into EIGRP. ASAs do not support route tagging for EIGRP Redist...

I'm trying to configure some basic VLANs but I'm not getting it done. I'm confused with the VLAN setup and VLAN port settings.The following is what I'm trying to setup:BOX1 & 2 in VLAN6 (connected to port 4&5) (two ESX machines)BOX3 in VLAN7 (connect...

RustyMoon by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes