Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, quick question as I am getting really confused.4507R+E allows upto 48Gb per line card (if the line card supports it)4507R-E allows up to 24Gb per line card (if the line card supports it)From all the documentation i've read, i think i am right so ...

We are about to replace Nortel 470 switches at some of our locations. My question is what would be a recommended Cisco switch to replace these with? I want to be able to stack to accommodate all ports in the MDF/IDF closet. Currently the locations ar...

Hi All,Looking for advice on a design. I'm upgrading my agin 4507R backbone to somthing more scalable.I have been investigating 3 different designs, just looking for some feed back:Requirments I have to work with:·         Total of 155 connected port...

rtjensen4 by Level 4
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am looking into deploying DHCP Snooping along with IP Source Guard and Dynamic ARP Inspection across our access switches later this year as part of a project to improve overall network security. I have successfully been running this in our te...

We have some 2960s in our environment, and we have the switchport and trunk ports configured withmls qos trust cosThat works fine, and DSCP tags are being passed as-is. However we had the same command issued on our 2950s, and DSCP was being rewritten...

Hello,I have a Catalyst 2950 24port - seems to me is a new one(but probably is possible was configured), but I can't get a DHCP adress for the inicial config and the reset don't help me too .The console works via Hyperterminal but I can't go to "ena...

David2011 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ,I have 2 cisco 6509 Switch at my sites. Both switches are connected thru ethernet connection in routing mode. i am getting NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH error following is conf of Switch A!interface Vlan987 ip address 10.167.13.249 255.255.255.252interfa...

Hi everybodyI try to configure an C2960s STACK for MS NLB Multicast IGMP support, without success.This stack is in front of 3 TSE Windows 2003 server.After I added these commands, servers was not accessible.arp 10.10.10.1 0100.5e7f.8003mac-adress-tab...

Hi to all, i have a simple question but i eas no abel to solve it.I have an ip address of an interface. After accessing the device i need to discovery some information, for example:-which interface has this ip address-netmask of the ip addressI know ...

Resolved! 3550SMI upgrade

I'm going to upgrade a 3550 switch from c3550-i9q3l2-mz.121-13.EA1a  to  c3550ipservices9-mz.122-44.SE6.bin.This will make it a EMI correct?Is there anything else I have to install to make it a layer 3 switch?My current flash shows 10,728,448 bytes f...

I have one 6506 switch and one 6509 switch. I need to upgrade them to the same firmware/software. Below are the sho modules for each switch:6506Router#sho moduleMod Ports Card Type                                          Model                     Se...

Hi Guys,Recently our network has slows down, ping response to local server is high about 500~800ms, and when I logged-in to our 8x 3750 stack and issue the command below, I found this:#Show switchSwitch#  Role      Mac Address     Priority     State ...

Hi FolksHow to start the Troubleshooting   for the Reason belowFa1/0/3                     err-disabled            auto   auto 10/100BaseTXhow to configure the err-disable for others specific Reasons?