Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to create a new fiber extension off of my 6880 X LE catalysts but the fex is stuck at "Registration" and the logs show: %FEXMGR-SW1-3-FEXMGR_MAX_VSLOT_ALLOC: No VSLOTs are left for new module to allocate. Enable Temp VSLOT to allow 'renum...

Hello,I want to upgrade  6880-x-le VSS switches from 152-1.SY4 to 155-1.SY8.  My plan is to upload the new software to both switches and use the "reload" command.there is one thing that I am not sure of and that is the ROMMON. The current version is ...

Resolved! VLAN

Hi Guy's,I've just start my CCNA, and i have a question, why when we have two switch's and more than a vlan in each switch, we need a physical link for each vlan (without using a trunk ) . Sorry if my question seems silly 

Mohdz by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,   I'm trying to enable netflow on this switch but it doesn't work:- I upgraded the IOS-XE from 16.12.03 to 17.06.03:     #sh version ROM: IOS-XE ROMMON BOOTLDR: Version 7.1.8 [RELEASE SOFTWARE] crashkernel=64M xxx uptime is 2 hours, 27 minute...

I have a stack of 6 switches that on occasion the stack ring will split into 1 and 5. Running show switch gave me one member as ready and the others as removed. When I would try to console into one of the others, it was unresponsive or was in straggl...

jasonmeyer by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyoneI'm trying to upload IOS into my Cisco 3650-48FS-S switch. Looks like it is bricked now :-(I tried to boot from USB but I'm getting this kind of message: switch: dir usbflash0:Directory of usbflash0:/4 -rw- 537489817 cat3k_caa-universalk9....

michalfira by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi experts, We have a 3 x 3850 stacked switch in the production.I have found out that it is not in a full ring stack, there is no stack cable connected on switch 1 and switch 3. Now, I need to connect a cable to it, I wanted to be 100% sure that this...

LemmYY by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I am doing migration from Cisco 4500 to 9500 and I would like to hear if someone already did it and what is the best practice!  It is core SW, 4500 using HSRP and 9500 will be Stackwise-virtual! Can I do copy paste configuration (are they com...

Sreja82 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card