Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! DHCP snooping

DHCP relay agent can build IP-to-MAC entry into DHCP snooping database. This database is used for DAI and IP source guard.when attacker spoofs an IP address, the DHCP snooping database detects bycomparing with the valid IP-to-MAC entry.Can MAC addres...

Resolved! BGP MED

Optional attribute does not have to be supported. If a BGP router does not understand this optional attribute, this attribute is removed if it is non-transitive. I do not understand why MED belongs to this category?thx,Jingyi

Resolved! High TCP Ack time

Hi allDue to High TCP Ack time which i have observed from Packet sniffer i am unable to Download files using wifi, while connecting to a access switch on same network works fine, from where i can reduce the TCP slowness in my network.

My second sup-6 is showing a "diabled" state.  Heard several ways to fix the problem.  Which way is safer and less downtime.  I heard there may be register problem and make sure the register is set correctly and re-boot.  Heard I should pull card 6 a...

Hi,My active supervisor card on 4507R-E failed and stanby sup switched to be active instead. If i need to replace new sup card and force to be active, i have some couple questions before replace as follow1. In my idea, running-configure will not sync...

Rojer-bkk by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am looking to get some layer 3 switches that I can use with the ASA5550 Firewall to do some Sub Vlan Interfaces to switches in the racks[Router]      |[ASA55400] ------------[3560G] ------------[2650G] Rack 1 (vlan 1,2,3,4,5)                       ...

i have one 3925 Cisco Router with  Hwic 2T ..and one serial Cable v35when i connect the serial to the modem .even if the modem, Hwic, serial Cables are Okthe interface is always up downwhen i do sh controller i find this output, and i think it should...

Hi everybody.My apologies if I've posted to the wrong forum.  I've been streaming Netflix through my Wii (wirelessly).  Yesterday, my router died.  I picked up the Linksys E1000.  However, I'm not able to stream Netflix anymore.  All the other functi...

On a Cisco 10720 router , some SFP are end of sale...My question is :If we replace the part 10720-GE-SFP-LH with  the SFP-GE-L does we have to upgrade the IOS or any other think to do ?Table 2. Product Part Numbers Affected by This AnnouncementEnd-of...

ygermain by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have run into a unique problem that was first found because I could not ping from server to workstation. Pinging works fine from workstation to server, server to server, but not server to workstation or workstation to workstion. I also made sure th...

Attached are configurations for two routers.The goal is we have to send DATA from a PC RS232 port to S0/0/1 of Router_A to Router_B's S0/0/1 to another PC-RS232The link between of the 2 router is working fine, but Router_A cannot send data to Router_...