Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, Just a quick question: what is the difference between the C2960S-STACK vs. C2960S-F-STACK? According to this: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-series-switches/eos-eol-notice-c51-733348.html C2960S-STACK ...

I've tried defining 2 mst instances in 3 separate topologies and only the first instance is showing upunder show spanning-tree mst I only see instance 0 (IST) and instance 1, and I am not able to see instance 2  here is my commands  here's output   I...

Pic1.png Pic2.png Pic3.png
hfakoor222 by Spotlight
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi, I have the below requirement for server switches  of 10 switches,How can I size the core switch  Minimum of 160-Gbps switching fabricMinimum forwarding rate of 100Mpps What are the criteria for deciding   switch fabric and  forwarding rate  for a...

I have many switches and lots of ports with video surveillance cameras connected across my organization.  Cameras with PoE need rebooting from time to time.  Is there a relatively easy way to shut/no shut those ports using automation?

Hi I have a cisco catalyst 1000 8 port 2G-lThe switch has been rebooting randomly for the past weeks/monthsI upgraded the switch to firmware 15.2(7)E4 as it's supposed to fix the issue but it is still happening. https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsea...

Dlazure by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys,We own a small resort in the mountains, and in 2014 the IT company installed Cisco Switch and AP to our resort.This year we decided to upgrade our networking staff and sell all of Cisco gears, since we have a new one.I have experience with U...

1 (1).JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 44444.JPG
Boriy by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VLANs not deleted?

I'm working on removing some VLANs from our core switch. I removed a few last IMW, and today I did a <show interfaces vlan 200> and the vlan, that I thought I removed, is showing:Vlan200 is up, line protocol is down , Autostate EnabledHardware is Eth...

Noora by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,this syslog entry is generated when a port monitor policy is activated/ deactivated:%PMON-SLOT1-2-PMON_CRIT_INFO: Port Monitor Critical Information: Policy (slowdrain) deactivation is successfullThis entry generates a snmp-trap too. Is it possible...

mr73 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I tried many things to solve my problem : the AP0 gets a IP from the admin network 192.168.200.... and not from the "Etudiants" VLAN 20 as it should. I think the problem is on the WLC. Here is my file:  I need your help Thank you,

tutoy83 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hello, I have another question about the Cisco IE 1000 switch. Configuration options on the switch is extremely minimal. I have RSTP currently configured on the switch, but I am unable to set roles for my two uplinks. I need to set one of them as a r...

Is it possible to configure rspan on c2960+ from local boards on which vlan 10 to vlan 20 and then from vlan 20 on the same switch to send to the physical port? I did so, but they say the phones that are connected on the same switch are not written S...

We're currently in the process of migrating off 6509s and onto 9606s. We have Bluecoat as our content filtering (which we are also migrating from). We've moved Bluecoat off the 6500s and onto the 9606s, with basically the same access lists, however n...

rlacy by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes