Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,i've some interrogation about system class on NEXUS 5000.A policy configured on an interface will be used if this interface is congestioned. So could some one help me to understand when the system class policy will be used, if it's not attached to...

cbouraoui by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

As shown in the attached diagram, I have a connectivity between two data centres.Switch A an B are in same data centre and C & D are in same data centre.currently two data centres are connected via a L2 trunk link and I need to have a another connect...

Hi,on my network a particular host is using more Bandwith. What the show command i can use to identify which host is that and what the bankwith its using.The network has the ASA connected to the internal router and the router is connected to the edg...

I have an end user reporting extremely slow file transfer times from a NAS device to a Unix server on the same subnet, in the same VLAN, and on the same switch. I want to know if the "valid frames, too small" counter as shown below is a reason for co...

alclark by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi i am getting a below error message in a 3560 switch%DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP 1: Neighbor 172.31.1.2 (GigabitEthernet0/1) is down: retry limit exceeded%DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP 1: Neighbor 172.31.1.2 (GigabitEthernet0/1) is up: new adjacency%DU...

The answer for the question below is 3.Why can't 4 be a valid unicast address?Which address is a valid IPv6 unicast address?1.    FE90::1::FFFF2.    FD80::1::12343.    FE80::1:4545:6578:ABC14.    FEA0::100::7788:998F5.    FC90::::5678:4251:FFFF

leepeiwai by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have been having network issues lately, and the only issues i see on our 4510R switch is with port flapping on a few ports....  my question to you is,   wouldport flapping on a few ports cause the network slowness for everyone?  for example data t...

davisr651 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone please explain to me an inconsistency in the ICND1 Lab Guide concerning the calculation of usable subnets? I emphasize “usable” since Cisco does. Lab 4-3, Task 4 states that we are assigned the address space 192.168.111.0 /28. Q2 asks how...