Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! BPDU guard

Hello,I understand that a blocking port on a switch that is part of a spanning tree relies on recieving the BPDU packets every 2 seconds and shoudl it not then the port is changed to forwarding mode.  I worries my that should this happen I would get ...

Hello,We have a router that is our gateway to one of our WAN's.  It is a 1841 router with a serial port using the EIGRP protocol, then fast ethernet just into one of our Cisco 3750 switchs.  I want to put some redunancy on this link should the 1841 f...

All,I'm setting up a routing policy to change the local pref on a router for incoming routes. What I have is something like this:172.16.100.2 peers with .3 and .4On .2, I want to set local pref for .3 to be 150 and .4 to be .151I have a route-map tha...

Hi all,           pls find the attachement , i have problem regarding switch redundany if we coonect two uplink from one switch than there is loop occured so by what configuration we can avoid the loop , or give any example to check it.Thanks

mpak12345 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Morning I came into work this morning to find our primary ASA Firewall spamming reverse path check errors from a RFC1918 DHCP address port scanning through all the ranges in the RFC1918 DHCP address space, source of 169.254.98.168.   My hunch is some...

Hello,When calculating the Feasibility Distance between 2 routers how do I get the delay value, obviously I know the bandwidth as I can get this from the interface on router config, but I need the delay value so I can complete the FS calculation?Many...

When using Wireshark to sniff traffic on the LAN we see OSPF and HSRP advertisements on port terminating client machines.  Is there a method for preventing the swich from flooding the keepalives/advertisments out all ports?

Hello,We've recently migrated some of our ESX servers to a 3-port NIC team design.  Everything seems from our end to work fine, however, we have had complaints that suddenly the VMs on those hosts are running "slow."On the ESX server side, we set up ...

When I run theshow etherchannel port                Channel-group listing:                 ----------------------Group: 9 ----------                Ports in the group:                -------------------Port: Gi1/0/51------------Port state    = Up Mst...

dvanzee by Level 2
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I've stumbled upon something that I cannot explain and I could use some help in order to understand what is happening :)The problem, as I see it, is as follows (in short terms):My router seems to do NAT on the return packets on an incoming ...

Hello all, I'm in the process of planning out a bunch of VTP changes (enabling VTP passwords, pruning, etc) and I had one concern in particular that I'll outline below.Presently we have approximately 12 switches, all of which are VTP servers.  What I...

Hi Everybody,I have a problem with ntp synchronization, I have 2 6500 Catalyst with latest IOS.They have hsrp configured on them BB3 is hsrp master.both of them have same ntp configuration, as belowntp source Vlan101ntp masterntp update-calendarntp s...