Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I've downloaded and installed 12.2(33)SXI on a WS-SUP720-10G with the objective of migrating to VTP3 in order to turn off VTP on a per-trunk basis. The rest of the network runs 12.2(33)SXH on WS-SUP720-3B using VTP2. In testing mode, these are stand...

bgorrell by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi folks,I have 2 Switches Core 6506-E and I already have 2 monitor sessions for SPAN per switch. This is the configuration:SW1://SPAN for IPS1monitor session 1 source interface Gi2/13 , Gi2/17 - 20 , Gi2/23 - 48monitor session 1 source interface Gi3...

titomen77 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi mates : )Please see attached figure, i draw the network for you guys to make it simpler to understand my question.I have one switch (about to order if you guys approve it), one VLAN and all hosts are connected to that switch. 4 multicast servers s...

Hi,Attached please find the best six designs for the discussion (design 11, 12, 15, 16). Below is the description of Data center / DR site and office floor for your reference:7/F of Data center is meet me room for connecting the fibre cables and core...

anitachoi3 by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Our network backbone is comprised entirely of 6500 switches with Sup720s. The core and distribution switch blocks are all dual 6500s with the bulk of the access layer switches comprised of the 2950 / 2960G switches.We need to provide an increased ...

cbeswick by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Can anyone confirm whether or not the WS-C4948-10GE switch supports the TwinX converter modules to allow the use of the 1000Base-X SFPs ?The data sheets state clearly that only the X2 optics are supported for 10GE fibre uplinks, yet the release no...

cbeswick by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, All! Please, help to cope with the lack of understanding. I'm studing QoS. Here is my test lab configuration:(PC1) -> (E0/1 - E0/0) -> (PC2)ip access-list extended UDP-ACL   permit udp any anyclass-map match-all UDP-CLASS   match access-group nam...

How can I determine what feature set is running on a Cat4506 with a really old IOS version? In newer versions it's easy to find by looking at the filename, but I'm on cat4000-is-mz.121-12c.EW1.bin. As far as I can tell, there is no difference between...

Below are the Moduls details of 4507 and 4503, We have two queriesA- If we add Ethernet module of 4503 switch in 4507 Switch, is it CompaitibleB- If we add 2  Ethernet module on 4503 in 4507 , because according to th data sheet there is provisioning ...

Hi, All: I'm trying to capture packets running between router1 and router2. I used a catylst 2960 to connect to router1 and router2, and use another port to connect to my laptop ethernet port. What should I configure in order to see all the traffic b...

Jessie Wu by Cisco Employee
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes