Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm receiving the following syslog message in a repeated fashion for 1 vlan on a 6500 platform that has a SPA card, SPA Carrier 400 (SSC-400):%ACE-3-NOENGINESLOT: Interface Vlanxx has no crypto engine slotThe message is always of the same vlan.  This...

Hi every body.Few months ago,  i remembered  doing packet capturing on my  100Mbs   ethernet card.  The capture  showed the ethernet  frame as type  II  which is  dix version 2.      But Dix version 2 or ethernetII  , supported 10Mbps.   Is it becaus...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Actually i'm working with the following topology outside my firewall:ASA         <------>    Rtr1    <------> WAN-IPSEC-2                <------>    Rtr2    <------> WAN-PUBLIC                  <------>    GW-WAN        <------> WAN-1             ...

HiI seem to be having some sort of mind block with static routingThe voice and data are on completely separate networks and I have a requirement to make both networks accessible for remote support192.168.100 - 130.0 Voice network  192.168.200 - 230.0...

#TCN by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI need to create a VLAN on a  3750 switch whereby the users in that VLAN get assigned an address from the following range and a certain gatewayRange 10.255.11.30 - 10.255.11.40Gateway: 10.255.251.218This is so users on this VLAN have unrestricted i...

The "sh arp" command on Cisco 6509 switch returns the arp entry "00-00-00-00-00-00" for the corresponding default gateway IP address (HSRP IP).Because of this we are unable to ping nor reach the device on its management IP address.The switch is runni...

ajaymatta by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Have 2811 router in the remote location. Router was hung and was not able to get access. observed bufferleak for Syslog ED pool buffers. Reset the router interfaces, reloaded the routeritself. There is no load on the router but the CPU goes to 100...

Gentlemen,1st Thank you for your help.I got asked to get a backup for a frame relay network, hub spoken with 2 spokes.Right now the topology a big ospf area 0, with a default route to the hub where the spokes get to the internet.I was thinking aboutV...

Resolved! VLAN problem

Hiwe have link problem between 2 buildings that is fibre module is keep flashing green and amber, so we changed fibre moudule patch leads. still problem is not resolved. so to ensure that problem is not with switch, we tried with other switch, we hav...

Resolved! Dix, ethernet

Hi  every body.I am studying about dix( first ethernet).  I just want to know   when dix  was first invented, diid it  support ip protocol  i.e  were there any  type value for ip protocol in first dix?thanks  and have a good day

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card