Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello Cisco Forum Users,I have a Customer with 6509 getting the following logging message.Feb  9 23:31:06.622 PST: DFC1: EARL Vlan Statistics Process: No iccshim packet createdFeb  9 23:35:06.809 PST: DFC1: EARL Vlan Statistics Process: No iccshim pa...

Jim White by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

For the last couple of days I have been trying to solve a great ssh2 mystery for my switch ws2950 (ver 12.1(22)ea13):I put:(config) Username tadas password ciscoBut after show run I get: username tadas password 0 ciscoSo the question is: why do i get...

I have set a vty password and enable password for Cisco 2811 but after that when I take a tellnet connection the router asks Ciscon default username and password. ???How can I disable these? I mean, when I connect with telnet, I don't want to log in ...

Why is the hub router generating a host route for its mGRE interface?Also, why is the LSA for that host route a "summary" route? See below's database output.GREoIPSec Spoke configuration and information - Take note of the 10.40.16.1 host route (/32) ...

lamav by Level 8
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to setup a 2600 series router so that is has multiple vlans, (office network, wifi, voip). That part i can do easly however, i would like the 2600 to be the dhcp server for each of these networks as well. I can see i need to set each v...

pixie79UK by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We are looking into starting to use VDC's on nexus 7k. At the moment we have only one default VDC and everything is in there.I'd like to know real world experience with VDC's. Someone from Cisco told that aprox 10% of nexus customers are using VDC...

Can anyone advise on the best IP SLA settings to use, to monitor general link performance?I have a number of Cisco 3560s linked with 2Gb port channels and want to produce some graphs showing if there are times when perfomance drops due to high traffi...

A colleague tried to upgrade a 4507 recently, and got the following error: loadprog: cannot read file's "ELF  section" header boot: can not load  "bootflash:cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-53.SG1.bin"Modules are:Mod Ports Card  Type                     ...

This may sound like a wierd question, but a hub, as I understand it, is basically a glorified repeater, right? If you were setting up a trunk between 2 switches (say for example both are 2950XL's), can you not put a hub between the 2 and still have i...

on the WS-C2950G-24-E1,define dot1X,now user can pass the authen,but user can get right vlan why?can everyone give some example config the 802.1X on the swith.or the switch can't support dynamic ass vlan with the radius.

QFX527518 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have set up port security on f0/11 with the following parameters:SA(config)#int f0/11SA(config-if)#switchport port-security ?  aging        Port-security aging commands  mac-address  Secure mac address  maximum      Max secure addresses  violation ...

stevec90 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

While making preparations for upgrading the IOS on our 6506-E, I discovered that the IOS image to which I am going to upgrade is larger (76 MB) than the bootflash directory (62.5 MB). I have plenty of room on disk0:, so my question is, can I tftp the...