Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm getting drops on my gig0/0 interface and when I do a sh int it shows the following. Normally I would think this is a buffer memory issue but if that is the case should the "ignored" section have a count?Any way, any ideas would be great.Received ...

I am replacing a Linksys switch with a 3750 on my backbone network. I did little to no configuration on that switch.  Now that I am replacing it I have question regarding VLAN 1 on the new switch.  It will be a flat L2 switch on backbone network whic...

Hi,Currently I have two ASA's at teh edge of my network connecting to one ISP via a static route. Going forward I'm going to have two different ISP's with two routers sitting inbetween the firewalls and the ISP's. Ont he internal interface on the rou...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an 1841 router that gets it's internet-facing interface's address by my ISP's DHCP server. How can I use that address in an ACL, in a way that it will stay effective when it gets a new leased address?

I am starting down the path to subnet my network using Vlans and I am new to this setup.  Here is our current config.We have a 6509e core.  We have a VTP domain setup on the core.  We have a 16 closets that are connected back to the core via fiber.  ...

rumseyda1 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a client has a WS-X6548-GE-TX blade with some bad ports.  I am replacing the blade but notice a difference in the FW, SW & HW versions from the sh mod output.  The client is concerned that a versions may create a problem.  I have searched and ...

MikeC5000 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The only 2 AD, i know of, that have different internal and external values is BGP and EIGRP.  BGP is super easy to remember because it is 20 and 200, but EIGRP is 90 and 170.Does anyone know why Cisco selected 90 and 170?  i.e. why not like 90 and 19...

rwagner by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've just inserted a "GLC-SX-MM=" SFP into our 7206VXR/NPE-G2 router however the router doesn't recognise it. Does this SFP work with this router? If not which SFP should I get for a mumlitmode fibre connection (LC termination)?ThanksDan

dan_track by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 4510R-E chassis running dual Sup6Es.  I am trying to find something that tells me exactly what slots on this chassis supports hot swap.  I know the Sup slots are hot swappable and the power supplies are as well.  However I can't find anythin...

HelloI have been given a 3750 switch to put back to working order. The issue with it is that a user deleted all the content of nvram. So now when the switch is started, it cannot load the IOS from flash. The only option i have are below. Is there a w...

raoul2341 by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello: I have one Cat6k switch running 12.2(18)SXF13.But I see the following error msgs in th log.Mar 28 21:18:57.155 MEDT: %MLSCEF-SP-4-FIB_EXCEPTION_THRESHOLD: Hardware CEF entry usage is at 95% capacity for MPLS protocol.Mar 28 22:18:59.260 MEDT: ...

Ok this is just weird.I have a stack of 2 3750's (WS-C3750G-24TS-S1U) both running IOS 12.2(46)SE.During the work day these switches are constantly at 62% CPU utilization. (this information comes from my monitoring system)Because i wanted to find out...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card