Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Information and symptoms:IOS code 12.2.33SHX3Pings intermittently failingNo ACLs anywhere in the path.Errors from debugs:Feb  1 23:34:02.562 cst: ICMP: dst (165.68.17.3) prohibited unreachable rcv from 165.68.17.104Feb  2 12:16:30.371 cst: FIBipv4-pa...

MMstre by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have got a cisco router which is port forwarding to an IIS server over the internet.  I want to create an access-list to lock the cisco router down further.  I want to create the following:1 - users on the wireless lan can access any website ...

ohareka70 by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm configuring a pair of 6509 switches in VSS mode, and there are a number of dual homed etherchannel links (MEC) connecting to different routers, switches and servers. I plan to use a single GigabitEthernet link directly connected to both switch...

What are the major differences between IOS version c3750-advipservicesk9-tar.122-46.SE.tar and say the newer IOS version c3750-ipservicesk9-tar.122-53.SE.tar?  I notice on the new 3750V2 switches you can't put an advanced ip services ios on it.Thanks

Hi,I am in the process of upgrading to the latest IOS on all my cisco 3750 stacks.  I updated some stacks with the "archive download -sw /overwrite" command, but did not reload the switch yet.  I already tested the IOS on some stacks, and it works fi...

Hello friends, I've been configuring a NME-16ES-1G-P, and it's needed to shutdown the internal logical interface, but when I do that an error is shown "Shuting down Internal GE interface GigabitEthernet1/0 may render inline power for EtherSwitch Serv...

jonasdiaz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Suppose you have two switches (switch a and b) and one router performing the routing.  Each of the two switches hosts a single unique vlan.  What is the best practice with regard to pruning the vlans from the trunks?  Should you leave the default as ...

Resolved! ip helper - dhcp

Hello Everyone,I have a question about using IP Helper for DHCP. There are alot of other posts on this subject, so I tried to find somewhere that my question might already be answered but it wasn't there.Allright, I have a 3750 switch doing ip routin...

Resolved! Upgrading IOS

I'm trying to upgrade our switch IOS. I used telnet to connect to the device, had setup the tftp server and started the service, the software was in the TFTP root, and typed copy tftp flash. The file copied over without an issue, but I never got the ...

Good morning to all, and thank you for taking the time to look at my discussion topic.  First of all, I'm new to the networking world.  Due to the resignation of our network engineer, I've been asked to step in, and take care of the networking duties...

Hi NetproI got cisco 3550 as backbone Switch ; edge switches connects to 3550 on FiberIn all we got 5 switches and would increase more shortly, I want to have all switches on management vlanI did the following but doesnt work-------------------------...