Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

reguardless of whether i turn snooping on or off (via network assistant) multicast packets are being switched to all portson the VLAN).  I thought if snooping was enabled it would only forward to those ports that had made requests to join the same mu...

Couple of days ago we try to implement bgp between two isps, everything seems to working but somehow some users were not able to get into our network. please take a look on traceroute:C:\Users\dmars.MA>tracert 204.90.52.106  1     1 ms     1 ms     1...

Hi, I have faced issue with 4510R switch (WS-C4510R).The switch ping response from any local computer is (<10 ms) normally. But, sometimes it happen that switch ping response become (>30 ms) & then, internet goes down and during above problem, CPU ut...

Sandeepka by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Routing question

Simple question:Will a 6509 still route traffic between connected vlans ( with interfaces and addresses assigned ) without the "ip routing" command in it's configuration?

fdouble08 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! LACP

Hello6506--------------------------Loadbalancer 6506 gi 1/5 connect to loadbalancer giga 0/0 6506 gi 1/6 connect to loadbalancer giga 0/16506 is running CATOSon 6506vlan 5description IN_balancevlan 6description Out_balanceint giga 1/5switchport acce...

Hi,I use Cisco Catalyst 4960 for our networking. Currently the switch used as default setting, no configuration apply. The switch seldom having problem on mulfunction port when connecting to our equipment. When I change the connected cable to another...

I need a quick sanity check.  I am having problems setting up EtherChannel between an HP server and a Cat 2960G switch.  I have the switchports in "active", and 802.3ad configured on the server.  I can get the bundling working, but whenever the serve...

Hi Guys,I have a question abt the VTP password change while the switches are inproduction. I have tested this in my lab and I did not really see any bad consequences , but I 'd like a confirmation from one of you that's done this before.I have 2...

hi.     i have one 2811 router with two HWIC-4ESW card. all the HWIC pors are in vlan 1. the problem is that i can ping 1st HWIC ports but cant ping the 2nd HWIC ports.pls help me out.is there any IOS issue or something CLI issue i dont know.thanks i...

ahmed by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! EIGRP SIA question

Hey all,I have a question regarding SIA, as explained on page 122-124 in "Authorized Self-Study Guide for BSCI" 3rd edition. Luckily this can be found direct from ciscopress.com as a sample chapter (http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/9781587052231...