Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I'm using 2 6509 in VSS (version s72033-ipbasek9-mz.122-33.SXI2a.bin)EV-SRGI1&2-6509-1#sh switch virtual roleSwitch  Switch Status  Preempt    Priority  Role     Session ID        Number         Oper(Conf) Oper(Conf)         Local  Remote---------...

Hi Guys,I am having an issue connecting two pairs of VSS switches.I have set up a port channel as follows on Switches 1 and 2int port-channel 200ip address 10.x.x.1 255.255.255.252Int Ten 1/1/1channel-group 200 mode desirableChannel-protocol pagpInt ...

Hi all, first post, and i suppose i better say noob alert, lol, well, kind of, i'm doing my Honours year at uni for Networking and System Support.Anyway, for my Honours project i'm doing spanning tree enhancements in small LAN's, which i have to do i...

First post, take it easy on me if it's not in the right place...All documentation I read advises not to have a VLAN span across more than one Access layer switch, and they always add the *if possible to the end of that statement. My question is, what...

Hi,I have a 6509 running CatOS v8.2 (I know it's old and am hopefully upgading in Jan  ) and I want to limit one of the 100Mbps ports to rate limit input to 60Mbps.What's the best way to do this, and what is the command(s).Thanks for any help.

BlueyVIII by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi seniors,I am new in networking field and studying Cisco stuff on daily basis. Questions are -1- How to know the port of the device if IP is know but MAC is unknow ?2- Say there are 8 switches attached in a stack, and one PC is attached to a switch...

tahir1234 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just upgraded a catalyst 3560 with latest tar and it came up with no issues at all and can connect to all devices on it, however cant connect to it with cisco network assistant, the username and password no0 longer works? any ideas what it might ha...

HI,Swich model is ws-c3750g-24ps-s but it is showing WS-C3750G-24WS-S25/50 and while booting it is like this:................................................................................................................................................

I got 2 x 3750 switched stackwise configured, the master unit failover work fine but not the secondary unit in which connectivity is lost to the other end of the WAN link with similar 3750 setup. EIGRP is configured as the routing on both sides of th...

During the period of time while the hold-down timer is active the route metric is set to 16 inside the routing table.But is the route advertised as such, with metric of 16, during the hold-time timer period? I would find this weird, as it would propa...

badalam_nt by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I have a 4507R with a Sup-V that crashed yesterday morning.  My bandwidth monitoring showed that a downstream switch connected to an HP BladeEnclosure was transmitting about 900Mbps at the time of the crash.   My 'show ver' output says "Syst...

branfarm1 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes