Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have some units which have configurable MAC addresses on my network.I am afraid that there will be a conflict if someone changes MAC addresses on two units to the same MAC address.I am certain that ALL MAC addresses within the same subnet are alway...

hi,i'am watching at interfaces counters with nagios on my catalyst 2950 via snmpbut when I reset counters with reset counters on cli , there's nothing change on nagiosif i reboot the switch , counters are reset ,i think i'm missing a snmp command , b...

fd_case17 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am currently have an issue on a catalyst express 500 switch (POE) whereby the link to the rest of the network (link into 3560 switch) disconnects whenever i unplug or plug anything in to the ce500. the voice and data (dont ask why!!) are on the sam...

6513-#sh mac-address-table address 0007.b32b.d2c0Legend: * - primary entry        age - seconds since last seen        n/a - not available   vlan   mac address     type    learn     age              ports------+----------------+--------+-----+-------...

I have a 6513 with two sup 720's and wanted to know what the difference is between STANDBY COLD and STANDBY HOT. I'm assuming that STANDBY HOT is the prefered method for a failover??  How do you change the state from cold to hot??

I have a layer 3 switch (4506) connected to a WAN router.The 4506 has several SVI's which are the gateways to different subnets (i.e. 10.208.2.x, 10.208.3.x, 10.208.4.x, etc.).After creating a route-map, do I apply it to the incoming physical port on...

We have one Cisco 4506 Supervisor Engine IV and we cannot get it to read or recognize slot0:, We had the flash card in the flash card slot and to no avail where able to get slot0: recognized.  Can anyone help us out with this matter?  Thanks for your...

Hi,I have configured Catalyst 6503 switch with PBR based on following requirementsIf the source address is 10.91.x.x and the destination address is 10.152.x.x or 10.153.x.x route the packet to 10.91.208.5 (ie make 10.91.208.5 the next hop address)If ...

gsidhu by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a LAN with a core router and two seperate internet-connected firewalls.  Currently the core router has a default route pointing to the old firewall.  I need to implement a policy-based route that allows traffic from several remote subnets to a...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card