Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I just moved a 3750 switch from a stack where it was #4. I wiped out the config by holding in the mode button, then checked it through the console port.Then I installed it in another stack as the #3 switch, removing the stack cables while the o...

hi! i'm trying to configure teaming for my hp server. the servers have 2 1gbps nic cards. i tried to configured the port channel on the sw connected to this server....i noticed that the max bandwidth i can load into the link is about 60% of the 2gbps...

dkblee by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! etherchannel

hi! i'm trying to connect my blade server's cisco sw module tothe 6509 core by pairing 2 links as achannel group. below are the related config. The problem is encounter is that i can see the sw neighbor by using sh cdp nei, but i'm not able to pingth...

dkblee by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all.I configured two mst regions in a conf where  2 Catalyst 6500 are the main bridge for instance 1 & 2. Lets say catalyst 1 is the bridge for mst1 & catalyst 2 is the bridge for mst2. these two switch are connected via an Etherchannel composed b...

I have several of these switches and running (cat4000-k9.8-4-9-GLX.bin) and I'm not able to enable ssh versio2 on them. I even generate the rsa key 1024 but still no luck. Anyone know if these even support ssh version 2 ?

nawas by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a multicast routing across VLANs for group 226.0.20.112 that worked for a day, but it suddenly stopped. I can't find information on what I see, but can anyone confirm this is a problem and how I might resolve it? You will notice "1d00h/stoppe...

baskervi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a simple question for you, I need the path to modify advanced settings through the browser e.g. http://switchname/en/privilege/15/ etc. I need to modify more settings that are not displayed in the main GUI. I couldn't find the informati...

Hi, I have a intreasting question. I have a Catalyst 6006 with MSFC card. I run, say 4 VLANS. I want to, say, block VLAN 3 from the rest but allow say a VLAN 3 machine to access HTTPS and DNS. What is the best way and most secure way of doing it ? I ...

edw by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have 5 Cisco switches 4 of them are 3750 Series and 5th switch is 3750 G series, 1st 4 switches are part of stack and 5th is not.Design for 4 stack switches is :Switch 1 Connect to Switch 4Switch 1 also connects to switch 2 with a 2nd cableS...

205000jag by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello,we have a scenario as follows;-4507r-dual sup 5requirement-1 flash has to be replaced without downtimewas thingking to do the following procedure-remove the sup 5 on standby-replace the flash-do a copy tftp:ios_image to slavebootflash (this par...

I am installing a new network at a location.  The core of the network will be 2 clusters of 3750's.  Each cluster is 2 switches.  I am using the Cisco StackWise cable to connect the 2 - 3750's in the stack.  I am looking to connect the 2 cores of the...

TroyNye08 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

*** PCI System Error Exception ***PC = 0xfff05b70, Vector = 0x100, SP = 0x680127d0facing  error  on  router   2691 help me  to resolve issue