Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys,I have three questions-1) Can anyone please explain me the term "Transit VLAN" with a detailed explanation? A tutorial or online document would be really handy.2) What is the main function of the command "random-detect precedence" in QoS?3) W...

Whenever configuring a port as trunking & selecting the port to access a particular vlan,we have a option as multi vlan .What is multi vlan ??For what purpose we will select the option as "switchport multivlan" while configuring a particular interf...

hello:If I had 2 Internet routers, each homed to a different ISP -- and then had one router sitting behind them with a routed uplink to each, could I create a load sharing scheme if I have 2 equal-cost default routes in that backend router to each of...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I am a new vrf-lite user, in my labs, i want to isolate traffic on the same routing equipment that is a C3750.See below my network schema attached.this is a new network so i have to create this, i have 3 security contexts and four areas on 2 c...

Our office covers six floors, what we're trying to do is build a Wireless LAN. We are going to have a switch on each floor (6 in total) which will connect to access points. The question being that I've been told I'll need core level switch coming of ...

sberman12 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have worked mostly on switches.so i want to know,is it possible to terminate a WAN link on layer-3 switches like 3560,3750 & 4500 series switches ??If yes then how ??Then what is the need of routers on networks.

Resolved! IP address design

This network still at a design stage, My customer need to design a network for many as 100-200 subnets. But he is not satified with 10.0.0.0 address space available, his method is to dedicate one octate as a whole to identify the function. for exampl...

asoka by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am seeking for idea of setting up a traffic redirect solution in a routed environment. (no firewall involved)The requirement comes that customer wants us to setup a virtual IP to give out to outside vendor. There are two servers sitting behind the ...

jackawang by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hion 4506 a backup VLAN is created to take all Windows server backup. Each Server has Two NIC 10/100/100[ one used for backup ] Performance on Network is slow, its a isolated VLAN it shouldn't impact LAN.So far couldn't identify the cause.Earlier t...