Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hello,i'm working on a setup of 3560 switch. it will be a core switch for an office of about 60-80 people. my access layer switches are unmanaged 24-port linksys switches. my question is: if i run 3560 in L3 mode then every interface needs to be a se...

george by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Which one of the methods below, in Layer 3 switching, uses a forwarding information base (FIB)?A. Route cachingB. Demand-based switchingC. Flow-based switchingD. Topology-based switchingmy answer (according to the CCNP BCMSN for David Hucaby) Page 29...

amrelec by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We're in the process of upgrading 3750 switch stacks in our organization.  The stack varies from 2 to 5 switches.  We have upgraded about 15 stacks so far.  But 2 out of 15 stacks, however, have failed during reload.  We had to disconnect the switche...

rrdumag67 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to get 802.1x port based authentication working on a cluster switch member. All the switches are 2960 series veriosn 12.2 (44) SE2. Only the cluster commander has an IP set and that is configured on the radius server (Windows 2008 NPS)...

You can configure HSRP in networks that run which of the following protocols (Choose all that apply)?A. Banyan VINESB. IPC. IBM DLCD. Novell IPXE. AppleTalkAnswer: A, B, D, E I believe that HSRP is a cisco-proprietary, so my answer was "B" only.Why t...

amrelec by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a swtich stack comprised of three 3750G series swtiches. 1x 12sfp fiber port 10/1000 and 2x 24port 10/1000 ethernet switches in this stack.  I am setthing up a etherchannel connection comprised of 4 cables to a SAN device. I want to balance th...

robinsona by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have attached a power point for your review.  We are seeing excessive packets jumping VLANS so-to-speak.  On the drawing you will see XYZ receiver which sends out boatloads of UDP packets (i.e., broadcasts constantly).  We are OK if they remain con...

Dear friends,Is it possible to get an output of all ports whose interface status is up and line protocol is down. If i say sh ip int brief | inc down, it also includes down/down status.I only want up/down status of ports.Thanks a lotGautam

Resolved! ospf wildcard

dear experts, hellowhy we use a wildcard in ospf networkconfiguration and not the subnet mask of the network, like net 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255 and not net 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0so what is the reason for that.thanks alot for your helpLabib Makar

hanyawad by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello expertswhen we issue the command (passive-interface) in ospf configuration on a specific interface, will this command prevent sending and receiving the update packet or prevent sending only and allow for receiving like rip and igrp, thankyou fo...

hanyawad by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! HSRP state change

I've got two routers: a 2821 with an interface GigabitEthernet (Active) and a 2620 with an interface FastEthernet (Standby) normally performing in a HSRP mode:interface GigabitEthernet0/1 description LAN XXXX ip address xxx.xxx.xx.x 255.255.255.0 no ...

emilio1973 by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm running a Cisco 871 router in a LAN WAN setup. Nat, site-to-site VPN, Firewalling, etc. The problem is that the router stops forwarding traffic at random. The only way to fix this issue is to reboot the router using the console / powerswitch. Sym...

Hi i am new to this community.I'll try to give as much information as i can.I basically know nothing about networking and routers and such. That's why i need your help, the professionals. So my xbox 360 sits in my room. To playLive it requires intern...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card