Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I was at a conference today, they mentioned routers hating small packets as they slow them down on performance, he was saying that a c2811 could push about 22 megabits per second etc,whay is this, ?

Some machines in my vlan are not working and other are okay. I already remove and readded vlan to main switch. The VTP server is update and the client also. Other vlans are working properly. PLEASE, HELP!!!!

What's the lowest end LAN / ethernet switch that supports netflow? We have 6500 and 4500 with feature cards, but are looking to rightsize. For instance, does the 3750E or 4900 series support netflow? Weird how an 800 series RTR supports it, but a ...

ggatten by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a cisco router and a pix, which would be a better setup in a small network with less than 50 hosts.A) ISP <> Router <> PIX <> LANB) ISP <> PIX <> Router <> LAN

My application requires the ability to issue a single command to switch VLAN assignments on the fly. Do any switches support this? It seems like all that I've seen use a menu-driven interface when using either of these communication methods.For examp...

nolapaulc by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When a 64 byte 802.1q tagged Ethernet framed is received over a trunk port on a L2/L3 6509 and is routed/forwarded to an untagged access port the 802.1q tag is reduced and frame size reduced by 4 bytes. Should the 6509 switch be adding the additional...

admin by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am trying to disable PING and Tracerout but leave it enable for internal hosts.After done below configuraion, I can ping any outside hosts but can't do traceroute.Can anyone tell me what configuration is missing? Thank you.ip access-list ext...

David Lin by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to upgrade the software on my SRW2024 switch. it is currently running 1.0.0.86.everything i've been reading has been talking about updating the boot code before the firmware but i can't find any boot code to download. Does anyone know whethe...

HiI have configured Floating static routes with for failover scenario between two sites.When I unplugged the PRIMARY CONNECTION cable from SITE A then I could not see SITE B using BACKUP CONNECTION until I asked somebody to UNPLUG the PRIMARY CONNECT...

CCDECCDE9 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a network that will be extended to another building. I have all the vlans defined in router Bldg1. The connection to Bldg2 is using a Layer2 switch with a routed link thru fiber. How I can transfer the vlan information from the other Bldg ? Th...

Hello, In a corporate LAN, where office employees are connected to the inside network; how is the redundancy maintained. For e.g. if the overall network setup is Active/Passive such as1. FrontEnd Firewalls (Active/Passive)2. Firewall DMZ Server farm ...

tech_trac by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card