Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I work as a network technician and used to have my CCNA (it expired in April) however I recently came across something that was never brought up in any of my CCNA classes. I was always under the impression you could only configure ACL's on layer 3 de...

ejrein by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I am trying to implement redundancy between two sites using LAN-EXTENSION from two different Service Providers.The following is the configuration and I want FAILOVER to happen automatically WITH TWO LINKS PLUGGED IN ALL THE TIME . When I plugin bo...

CCDECCDE9 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 3750 wont bootup

Hello All, I tried to boot up a c3750G switch after a long time from my store room. I can see all the lights in the front( not the lights on the ports, but only the system oriented lights in the sides) lit and the switch is kind of in a for...

prakadeesh by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a problem on a 3560 with regards to packet throughput between an incoming 1Gb port and outgoing 100Mb port.No matter what configuration I put on the 3560, QoS and otherwise, a burst of traffic coming from a device on the 1Gb port destined for ...

I know the VTP config can be erased on most Cisco switches simply be deleting VLAN.DAT. I would like to do this on the VS-S720-10G. I see VLAN.DAT in the const_nvram: file system, but I can't delete it. Does anyone know how to toast the VTP config on...

drhague by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I was playing around with multicast and I've run into a situation I would like your comments :)I have 4 routers connected like this:R1-R2-R3-R3 is a static configured RP.-all interfaces except R1 are running PIM-SM.From R1, I'm sending a pi...

After reload Sup-32 (6509), it boots into Rommon mode. Please adviseSup-32#sh running-config | i bootboot-start-markerboot system sup-bootdisk:s3223-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH5.binboot system sup-bootdisk:s3223-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SX...

colmgrier by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is any device will give spanning tree output without dots like this ?"Bridge Identifier has priority 32768, sysid 348, address 001873631e00"Normally MAC address are denoted by dots by grouping 4 HEX.But recently i got a request to configure mac addre...

pramod by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I posted this message on the "LAN,Switching and Routing" forum already but then I realized that "Getting started with LANs" is probably more proper place to start this type of topic. Posting in the two different forums was not intentional and I didn'...