Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

In one of our schools we have multiple Cat3750 stacks. Recently a student/teacher plugged an ethernet cable into two wall jacks and created a physical loop on one of the switches in the stack. When this happened all traffic leaving/entering the sta...

akern by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My company acquired some equipment from a company that went bankrupt due to fraud. The FBI took all the servers and computers, but my company was given the remaining contents by the court, which includes several switches and routers.I'm fairly sure ...

chriswamp by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anyone here configured the new NEXUS switches?How different are they in terms of operation, functionality, management and configuration from the Cisco Catalysts? Are they much different than the Catalyst Series?For example, how different is it to...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm in the process of designing a new switching environment, I've attached a diagram, and was hoping to get some ideas on building redundancy while leveraging all available bandwidth on redundant uplinks. I thought about using MST from the access la...

I am attempting to determine how entries in a standard ACL are actually added to a router's config.I have read that the ACL statements are entered into the config in the order that they were typed, or that they are in a descending IP order, but I hav...

I have a rather infuriating issue that I can't seem to resolve. I have a 4-router setup in a lab:R1-----R2-----R3-----R4I have R3 and R4 configured to tag packets as IPP3 and IPP4, respectively, when they ping R1.To test this, I have a policy-map on...

jeff.kish by Level 7
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

RSPANCustomer has bought voice recorder software, and would like to capture.viop traffic from vlan 10 and vlan 20 Please see attachment.Q. How do I configure Rspan on the edge and core switches to cature the voice traffic.Q. Will the voice recored se...

colmgrier by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a problem with PS2 being disabled in a 6513. The system reports that PS2 has a different capacity from PS1. But I know the two power supplies are the same model, and replacing PS2 does not solve the problem. Has anyone come across anything li...

h.cox by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have the IP-helper statements on our VLAN interfaces of the 4507 core, configured for DHCP; our "dhcp" server is also our DNS/active directory server. Also in our global config, we have "no ip forward-protocol udp netbios-ns" and "no ip forward-p...

pizzov by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am running with 4 core switches of 6509 with fibre connectivity having two different sites. Each site is having two core routers.One site ( A ) does have CISCO IOS version and does not have any problem but other side (B) running with CAT-os has hug...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card