Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! ACLs on CAT6500

I am getting strange results while applying ACLs on the Cat6500 Vlans. I am not able to understand the usage and difference between IN/OUT and whether it is used in the same manner.Is Cat6500 ACL similar to Router IOS ACLs or do they work differently...

cisco_lite by Level 1
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

all,can someone help me remove these lines on our 2800 router. i believe this was generated when i put the command 'ip http secure-server' and then it generated 1024 bit crypto key.crypto pki trustpoint TP-self-signed-1600565986 enrollment selfsigned...

Hi guys , I am still new , can anybody help me intrepreting the command . I believe the BGP has been redistributed into OSPF . But what the commands metric-type 1 , means . BGP deterministic-med commands being used , I am not sure , how it works rout...

amacdos by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! LAN Question

Is it possible to close all of the TCP ports except TCP port 25 (SMTP). We don't want any traffic coming in or out except for outgoing mail. Please let me know how to configure this...

I am looking for how to configure VTP on an C3825 router. The commands to set VTP zone and version are not available. All of my routers are set as servers, but I can't see in the config where I would put them in either transparent or client mode.

wesleyfry by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

NAT

Helo guys, I tyr to configure NAT for two subnets that I have, I have this commandRouter(config) # access-list 101 permit tcp y.y.y.y 0.0.0.255 host x.x.x.xthen I put the nat outside in host x.x.x.xRouter(config)# int fa0/1Router(config-if)# ip nat o...

dflores83 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've got a device which requires stacked vlans (q in q/second dot1q). I've got a cisco 7507 as my router, and a 3750G switch. I think I've figured out that I need to combine them at the router level, but I can't find any documentation about how to ...

netopia by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can you setup a switch port to be both a "no switchport" to allow you to assign it an IP number AND enable it as a trunk to route VLAN traffic over the same interface?If so...how would you go about setting this up? It seems if you issue a no switchpo...

I has this ENVIRONMENT Messages in my 3500 switch that I bought from ebay:Error Message ENVIRONMENT-2-FAN_FAULT:System Fault:FAN FAULT is detected.Explanation This message means that an internal fan fault is detected.Recommended Action Check th...

We are building a VMWare based lab with a layer 3 IOS switch (3750) to do inter-vlan routing from the various vlans within the VM chassis. There will be no switch ports specifically assigned to the VLANS, only trunked interfaces into the VM Chassis....

mlpalmer by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes